The Tax Dollars Hard At Work Thread.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, they only really use that as an excuse to pull somebody over and search them.
for the most part, its left alone. they only passed the law so they had probable cause for pulling people over.

i work for a large city government. i see time and money wasting left and right. its not even funny

I have always wondered why they do not scale the welfare system in terms of benifits? For example as I understand it they pay you a certain percentage of what your normal salary was. I say do that for 3 months then it starts to decrease every week until it gets to be slightly below minimum wage. That takes care of all of the slackers who refuse to go out and get a job because they make the same amount sitting at home.

Fixing food stamps in place would be a simple fix in theory. You have x items that are allowed to be purchased on food stamps. That money is placed on debit/credit card. You go to the store and swipe your debit card at the beginning of checking out to let the system know you are on food stamps. Then as the cashier is checking you out the system lets the cashier know if your item is eligible or not to be purchased with your food stamp debit card. If the item is not eligible it is taken out of your cart. Obviously you can pay cash for that item if you still want it. Yes it might take a little longer at the supermarket but then they would need to open one of the 10 closed lanes which would require another check out person which would mean that we are then helping employ more workers.

I know it is way over simplified and too "easy" of a solution but at least it is an idea.

It would make more sense to set it up more like a food bank. I remember a bigger food bank around here saying they would prefer people to make cash donations than to go buy food then donate it. For what an average consumer could get food for at the grocery store for say 10 bucks, they can buy in bulk and get 3 times the stuff. SO if the gov't set up food banks and gave people food bought in bulk we probably could save a lot of $$$. I love how people can go buy soda, candy, chips, and other junk food with the card at convenience stores. The items are overpriced and not the best for the kids who probably have some sort of gov't sponsored insurance.

Another thing texting while driving is just fucking retarded. Stopped at a light is one thing, but while driving. I don't care how good of a driver you claim to be, you're going to miss something at some point.

i'll be the first to admit that i text while driving.
but, i also never give my phone my full attention. ever.
i text in little second long spurts on my current phone and only glance at it occasionally to make sure its right, the damned thing is so unresponsive that its useless to text while not looking.
every other phone i have had i never looked at the screen while texting anyway, so doing it while driving was no issue.

still, if the road have curves or chances of sudden stops, i wont text. only if its a straight shot and nothing interesting.
i use common sense when doing shit like that.

:withstupid:
unfortunately most people threw common sense out the window a long time ago
and we now make laws that cater to the lowest common denominator
i guess when you have some people who are fucking idiots, its easier to just dumb everyone down and treat them all like idiots, than try to get the idiots up to speed with the rest of the group

Same here in MD. I figure I can get away with 30%. Most of my friends roll around with 20 or lower and never get bothered.

Ours here is 28%
We don't really ever get bothered around here as far as tint goes, but it's a bitch to get an inspection sticker. You gotta know someone that will do it for you or go to some shady backwoods shop that don't give a crap.

It would make more sense to set it up more like a food bank. I remember a bigger food bank around here saying they would prefer people to make cash donations than to go buy food then donate it. For what an average consumer could get food for at the grocery store for say 10 bucks, they can buy in bulk and get 3 times the stuff. SO if the gov't set up food banks and gave people food bought in bulk we probably could save a lot of $$$. I love how people can go buy soda, candy, chips, and other junk food with the card at convenience stores. The items are overpriced and not the best for the kids who probably have some sort of gov't sponsored insurance.

Another thing texting while driving is just fucking retarded. Stopped at a light is one thing, but while driving. I don't care how good of a driver you claim to be, you're going to miss something at some point.

"if you think ________ is expensive now - wait until the government takes control of it" that is the quote that keeps running through my head.......

Ours here is 28%
We don't really ever get bothered around here as far as tint goes, but it's a bitch to get an inspection sticker. You gotta know someone that will do it for you or go to some shady backwoods shop that don't give a crap.

they have cameras in alot of MA inspection stations now...

they have cameras in alot of MA inspection stations now...

I'm sure it would be about... forever before we got that. I don't even know why we have inspection stickers here. Half the crap on the roads doesn't function correctly anyways. Headlights out, no blinkers, no brake lights, etc...

It probably won't because it would infringe on the drug addicts rights. I say if you are on public assistance you should be able to give up some rights.

It probably won't because it would infringe on the drug addicts rights. I say if you are on public assistance you should be able to give up some rights.

i'm all for this.... welfare/unemployment = atleast MONTHLY drug testing.

Somehow, this will probably be squashed. Someone is going to say something about footing the bill for the drug tests.

Back