The time has come...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am getting ready to put the turbo in. for now i plan on just getting it in, and then i will run all the charge pipes later on.

1) what typr, and size oil fittings do i need to buy, and how about how much am i looking to spend? Where can i get the stuff from?

2) where can i buy tubing to make the manifold? How much would i bee looking to spend?

3) is it ok to just get the turbo in, oil plumbed, down pipe attatched.. and run it like that without the charge pipes for a lil while? I think it would be ok, but its always good to double check

4) and most important.. How the HELL can i cut this design out?!?

s3ff34899641d7.jpg

s3ff3492115fb1.jpg

s3ff3493a94ee2.jpg

s3ff349556dde9.jpg

thanks! im so close now

p.s. i finally learned how to resize!

burns stainless sells pipes, or you can go to a local muffler shop.

as thick as that metal is i would guess a plasma torch or a milling machine.

Originally posted by BrahmaBullSQ@Dec 31 2003, 05:48 PM
What engine is this going on??? Just curious.

i think his stock 1991? 2.0L Prelude motor

I checked out the site... too much money

cant i peice the stuff together by getting parts from my local automotive, and home improvement place near by?

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Jan 1 2004, 10:13 PM
I checked out the site... too much money

cant i peice the stuff together by getting parts from my local automotive, and home improvement place near by?

yes. i wouldnt use home stuff though, as they are for low pressure and not-that-high temp.

you can..but its not that easy...trust me..i tried and ended up calling turbo-performanc.com and buying some fittings directly from them!

lol..understandable...exactly what kind of turbo do you have?...and there full kit is 75 bux...thats getting oil in AND out of the turbo and back to the pan! OH and theyll prolly work w/ you a lil if you call them!

i think almost every automotive part is overpriced. like aebs selling hose clamps for like $50, when you can get some "generic" ones from hardware store for about $1 each.

would it be ok to buy the generic parts? the only problem i forsee is the parts breaking.. but if i get Quality generic parts... shouldnt the withstand the heat and pressure?

Yea...but some fittings you cant just buy at the hardware store...thats why i had to call them...but for lines and stuff..yea..you should be able too...my best advice...just dont start buying shit....get some prices and the make sure all of the sizes are the same before you start buying hoses..clamps..fittings...all that BS!

Back