The time has come...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think the oil pressure switch is a -4 an fitting (couldnt find that shit anywhere around here thats why i had to call turbo-performance) and you can find most fittings for the turbo inlet and outlet on ebay (or at least get an idea)

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Jan 1 2004, 10:13 PM
I checked out the site... too much money

cant i peice the stuff together by getting parts from my local automotive, and home improvement place near by?

lol dude... thats the cheapest you are going to score it.

even piecing it together is going to cost you more.

hell, most other places sell it for $175

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jan 2 2004, 12:49 AM-->
rudeludenotmeanthough
@Jan 1 2004, 10:13 PM
I checked out the site... too much money

cant i peice the stuff together by getting parts from my local automotive, and home improvement place near by?

damn.. hahaha im cheap aight.

ok i have another CHEAP plan

what if i use 1/4 inch copper tubing with compression fittings. like the kind that are used on the break lines of the car. When i took this turbo out of the Mazda, i noticed that that was the type of fittings that were used. Would this work?? or is it another dumb idea?

yes.. im cheap..haha

Anything can break... but go for decent quality compared to homemade shit... unless you own a machine shop and weld like a pro. Performance does not come cheap and stuff like this needs plenty of planning and.... PATIENCE.

i think its dumb... cuz how are you going to get a fitting on to a pipe? if you loose oil to your turbo for about 3-5 seconds, its cooked. the end.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 2 2004, 07:30 PM
if you loose oil to your turbo for about 3-5 seconds, its cooked. the end.

:werd: dude ...for some stuff you just cant low ball!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 31 2003, 06:21 PM
DO NOT RUN THE TUCBO WITHOUT THE CHARGE PIPES it will spin to stupidinfintiy and blow itself up

WTF? As long as the wastegate signal line is connected to the compressor housing like it should, you can do whatever and never overspeed it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 2 2004, 12:49 AM

I put my oil feed and return lines together for about $25, and a year and a half and 50K miles later, they're still holding fine. :)

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jan 2 2004, 07:39 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Dec 31 2003, 06:21 PM
DO NOT RUN THE TUCBO WITHOUT THE CHARGE PIPES it will spin to stupidinfintiy and blow itself up

WTF? As long as the wastegate signal line is connected to the compressor housing like it should, you can do whatever and never overspeed it.

i stand corrected...

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=661694

Back