the tree thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90 accord

Chicks dig the box
VIP
just wanted to transfer it from there to here, so carry on here!

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Nov 28 2003, 01:25 AM
what made you want to sell trees

my friend was always bragging about getting these $1000+ paychecks every 2 weeks (we were in hs, i'm 19 now.) and so i bugged him enough about it and he got me a job there. it's a cool job, but if you don't sell anything you don't make anything.

you can try grafting a branch from an apple tree to the trunk of a cherry tree, but i doubt it would work. it's actually a lot more difficult then what comes to mind <_<

hmm whats the position I'd like to look around here for something like that if its good money while im in college

shit man at 19 makin that much money would be nice. i make like 300 every 2 weeks.. :( you should uh.. ask ur boss about some cherry apples and if he succeeds ill be his first customer, ill buy 100 trees and start a frickin orchard and then you can come work for me and eat grub ass cherples (i made the name myself) all day and get pizaid!

Originally posted by 90 Accord
haha, yeah, i do sell them, oddly enough..

the tree thats $4500 is between 12-14 years old, so your paying for all of the time, water, and fertilizer that's gone into it. you wouldnt believe how many people i talk to that have a hard time believing that you have to buy tree's here.

let's put it this way.. the owner of my nursery has 7 other nurserie's. we are around #4 in sales, bringing in approx $2 million a year. the lowest sells about $1 million a year, highest of about 3 mil a year. he own's well over 300 acres over in cali and countless acre's here. he just bought an 04? M35, i think it is, not a g35.. he said it was around $60,000 and he paid casshh. his wife own's an 04 escilade<however you spell it> with 24's on it, tv in every headrest, dvd player, and a ps2. damn right i wish i had his money..

Can I get a job there?

nawww, if I remember correctly from science there makup is to different to cross breed like you would a a donkey and a horse (=mule).

you could however borrow a hole into say an apple tree and then implant a limb of say a pear tree. Thus you would have made a tree that grows both pears and apples. NOTE: I was told this was possible, that person could have been wrong but thats what they said.

i'm a sales associate/design consultant.right now we're in teh slow season, so with comission i'm making around $11 an hour. march through mayish i averaged about $21.90 an hour. not to shabby :)

i'm going to start warkingat the christmas tree lot, in which the owner pays $6.00 an hour the first year you'r there, $6.50 the second year $7.00 the next year, and so on, and that's all stright cash. every week he pulls cash out of the register and hands you cash. not to mention you get lots of tips too :) my buddy last year made over $1000 in a month in tips alone :)

Originally posted by 90 accord@Nov 28 2003, 01:36 AM
i'm a sales associate/design consultant.right now we're in teh slow season, so with comission i'm making around $11 an hour. march through mayish i averaged about $21.90 an hour. not to shabby :)

i'm going to start warkingat the christmas tree lot, in which the owner pays $6.00 an hour the first year you'r there, $6.50 the second year $7.00 the next year, and so on, and that's all stright cash. every week he pulls cash out of the register and hands you cash. not to mention you get lots of tips too :) my buddy last year made over $1000 in a month in tips alone :)

You Suck. Gettin paid under the table might bite you in the ass in the long run...how do you file your taxes?? :huh:

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Nov 28 2003, 01:33 AM
nawww, if I remember correctly from science there makup is to different to cross breed like you would a a donkey and a horse (=mule).

you could however borrow a hole into say an apple tree and then implant a limb of say a pear tree. Thus you would have made a tree that grows both pears and apples. NOTE: I was told this was possible, that person could have been wrong but thats what they said.

this is true. it's the theory behind out "fruit cocktail" tree's that have an orange, a lemon, and an grapefruit, all comming off of 1 tree. the only down side is that if one part grow's faster then the other, it will begin to take over the rest of teh tree. lemons are the fastest growing out of the 3, so the lemon would begin to take over the tree. oranges will taste like lemons, and the same for the grapefruits. not to mention the lemon side of the tree will begin to get bigger and hevier then the other 2.

haha im 17 and work under the table + my normal job, being tax exempt owns you! i make around 6 grand a year then i get a phat 800-1000 dollar check in the mail on tax day. <3 uncle same

file for them just like i didn't work during the holiday's :spin:

I hate both of you...

What a way to surprise people though...an orange that tastes like a lemon. :lol:

in arizona... the best climbing tree would probably be a ficus nitida. the best tree house tree would be a shamel ash, the best swing tree would have to be the southern live oak. not quite sure what you mean by sling shot making tree...

right now i'm set to get about $2000ish back from taxes :)

how about the cnoreqigjh mimdqoig tree. LOl do they have common names cause what you said makes zero sense. sling shot making tree = the trees branch you use for slingshots, good strong wood.

Back