The trials and tribulations of a web designer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
So I am doing my buddies band's website, long story, blah blah blah, so anyways WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy back in like march of this year they had an idea for their logo, (the band's name is Driven) they wanted their name on a license plate. So I thought cool, great idea, I can certainly whip that up. Which I did, and I thought it looked kick ass (so didnt they, until I never heard back from the lead singer who was in charge of the site and such...hence long story, my friend plays bass. Here is what the plate looked like:

driven_plate.jpg

and how it was to appear on the website (background):

plate_distort.jpg

So fast forward to the present...the band supposedly had a professional artist create their new logo for their CD that is coming out soon, and today the lead singer emailed a copy to me. Here is what it looks like...:

driven_logo2.jpg

Tell me that doesnt look like ass. I REFUSE to put my name on a site that has a graphic looking like that...so what do I get to do? Recreate that entire logo so it looks apealing a little bit more...um...professional.

So this concludes my rant at this time...

carry on.
kthx.

Originally posted by sisteve@Nov 6 2003, 08:42 PM
driven_logo2.jpg

Tell me that doesnt look like ass. I REFUSE to put my name on a site that has a graphic looking like that...so what do I get to do? Recreate that entire logo so it looks apealing a little bit more...um...professional.

So this concludes my rant at this time...

carry on.
kthx.

:wtf:

That looks worse than ass. That's horrible. Just put the good logo up. Screw the band leaders opinions.

[Strong Bad]It looks like it was done by a two years old boy[/Strong Bad]

yeah, your's looks way better.

but i have a feling if you try to ditch the "professional" one the lead singer will take it personally and start acting like a big baby.

so i guess your between a rock and a hard place.

Damn I can't get over how MS paint that piece of shit drawing looks. They weren't really going to go with that shit were they???

if people are getting paid for that shit i gotta start playing in paintbrush.

Ack that does look like MS Paint. The lines are nowhere near smooth and well it just lacks......... every-feckin-thing that should resemble something artistic.

BTW what proggie did you use to create yours with?

christ- i've seen better photoshops of me in flag day shit then that logo.

horrid.

i'd turn them down all together dude. they already fucked you over once.

cash up front- your design, or Steve's Deli... now serving #23124.

I hear ya, he just sent that over though. Originally, they were still going with the plate design etc. And plus I already told them I need a 50% d.p. before I even begin working on shit again...Ive had enough with Nick from the first time...

I dont know what to do...lol

hahahahahahha If I gave that too my boss at my job where I was doing design, he would have laughed at me, and probably asked if "I was serious"

lol

your logo is like 2000000000x better steve

who ever the fuck came up with that image for the cd shoot be taken out back and shot with a pellet gun repeatedly for making such a ghey picture. steve...youurs looks way better bro and is more professional. theirs looks like complete shit. see if they can use yours instead

driven is the dumbest name for a band ive ever heard, its like a show on vh1 and a sylvester stallone movie i stopped watching after like ten seconds, how fruitily ghey.

RIP steve's logo. i hope they didnt actually PAY for those new ones. :ph34r:

clients like to go for the stuff that looks like ass. i dont know why. it just IS.

Originally posted by Blanco+Nov 7 2003, 04:46 AM-->
rixXxceboy
@Nov 7 2003, 12:16 AM
clients like to go for the stuff that looks like ass. i dont know why. it just IS.

:werd:

I hate those customers. They always make life hell. They won't just let you help them either, oh no. Bastards.

yea. i dont even bother making stuff look nice anymore...aside from picking nice fonts. i just make it readable and visually logical. the times that you get complaints is when you TRY to make something look extra nice. sometimes they will even reject the fonts i picked for uglyass ones. :bash:

Can the band play any better than they design webpages??? :p

that new graphic some pro did looks like ass and if I saw that logo I'd think it was some pansy ass ghey band.

that yellow looks like ass. i would fire my own ass if i made something that shitty.

So I just get this email from the lead singer...

Steve,

Sorry to follow up like this but I don't think we are gonna do anything yet with the website...i know it's twice now and I apologize for that but one guy can't pay and we don't have sufficient funds to cover him. We decided to use what we currently have until further notice. We thank you for your interest in hooking us up with a "killer site" but i think we are gonna see if we can get some money together and do it at a later time.

Thanks,
Nick and Driven

So basically fuck that band. This is the second time they've done this shit, its a good thing I didnt waste any time on designing anything as I didnt receive my deposit yet.

Back