the UPS fairly paid me a visit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
brakes.jpg

anyone know where to get some performance R33 front brake pads?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
brakes.jpg

anyone know where to get some performance R33 front brake pads?
from a turbo 300zx........ cuz its the same calipers.

76_12.JPG

there's a difference to the careful eye, but the pads do hang on those bolts supported with the retaining clip just like the 300ZX brakes

I think I'm gonna paint em red with black letters, the wheels will prolly be black or a dark gray so I don't want black calipers, besides the car is red

the rice fest has started already.

for the love of god, please don't paint your freakin brakes.

yes I did mean fairy, I'm famous for mis spelling in top titles

Stock painted is still painted. Is stock a good defense for how fucking ricy celicas were before they were given the axe? no. They still looked dumb.

Painted calipers isn't ricy if it's done within the cars natural color scheme IMO. The car was issued red with black trim and the calipers will be painted red with black trim. don't like it, start your own S14 project.

and I paid $200, I like that the calipers look a tad different then the stanard 300Z conversion. But they are just 300Z pads huh? That's good.

Quoted post[/post]]
yes I did mean fairy, I'm famous for mis spelling in top titles

Stock painted is still painted. Is stock a good defense for how fucking ricy celicas were before they were given the axe? no. They still looked dumb.

Painted calipers isn't ricy if it's done within the cars natural color scheme IMO. The car was issued red with black trim and the calipers will be painted red with black trim. don't like it, start your own S14 project.

and I paid $200, I like that the calipers look a tad different then the stanard 300Z conversion. But they are just 300Z pads huh? That's good.

wow, I dont know if all that hostility was directed toward me or not...

Quoted post[/post]]
they aren't painted. they are billit or cnc'ed that way.
aluminum doesnt come in red, does it?

no hostilaty just explaining my point

people who live in colored caliper houses that sell their 240SX's shouldn't throw stones ;-)

paint your brakes if thats what you want to do, i personally would leave them black but whatever floats your boat.

I just painted my calipers and brackets on the sol last week. Why let them get all rusty? Just black of course. I think it looks nice behing the black wheels.

if im gonna ever paint brake calipers again, its gonna be pink, purple, or teal.

why those gay ass colors you wonder?

1. i wouldnt do it unless my calipers had > or = 4pistons
2. pink is gangster on cars and will match the valve cover of the CA ill eventually get
3. purple to match the HKS cam gears and grounding kit (that i dont have and probablly wont ever get)
4. Teal to match the Project Mu brakepads that would be in them.

anodized?

as for painting calipers. If they are performance brakes than i dont see the big deal, since they are the real deal. If they are stock civic si brake calipers, than it looks dumb because they are so small, ifyou got a decent sized rotor and the caliper is big enough then do it up. I like the look of big calipers on big rotors colored, but tiny stock ones on stock rotors looks dumb.

[smokey]She dont be believin me, im hiiiiiigh[/smokey]

Back