The volkswagen rabbit is back

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
Starting at under 15,000, Volkswagen does what seems to be the cool thing to do now-a-days in the auto world: bring back a dead model from the past.

W264xH128xB24_Q2_FFFFFF_R0_NONE_USB70VWC121A04602.jpg

img_rabbit.jpg

Hi. :lol:

Available in both 2- and 4-door options, the new VW attempts to aim at base model civic owners, as they put it up against the DX model Civic in their comparison point. There is even an option for a 6-speed Automatic w/Tiptronic shifting.

Rabbit - Overview

i like the old rabbit a LOT, and i like the new one even more.

its got the base 2.5 5 cylinder that comes in the Jettas/Golfs/ect....

150hp and a curb weight of 2900+lbs

2.0t swap?

side impact beams and 76 airbags all around the car

other than a harness and a roll cage...safety = the ghey

reminds of of the old 90's civic hatches... even if they are heavier

I'd rock it fo sho!
and have we gotton so old we're actually interested in Auto's? Regardless how good the tranny is, give me a clutch anyday

Looks exactly like the Lupo / Golf / Gol

Screw it, why design something new, eh Fritz ?

Silverchild79 said:
reminds of of the old 90's civic hatches... even if they are heavier

I'd rock it fo sho!
and have we gotton so old we're actually interested in Auto's? Regardless how good the tranny is, give me a clutch anyday

i won't drive an automatic car unless i have to either...

but throwing in a 6spd auto gives the auto a chance to achive similar gas mileage to the 5 spd manual.

rabbit = golf.... I dont care what anyone says, its the same damn car.

and a 2.5 liter that produces only 150hp and gets a HIGH side of 22/30? wow... I am glad we are moving backwards

Terrible motor, shit box design, shitty electronics, 1/2 assed interiors, and the only thing it has going for it is the Trans...... Give up now.

In that price range you can buy a yaris that looks just as terrible but gets much better mileage, hauls more stuff, and is so light that you can actually have fun with it.

3k lbs on 195/65- 15s.....

seriously.... no.

:withstupid: i was looking into gti's and even the r32, i jsut cant believe how fucking heavy vw's are.. its incredible.

Good marketing though, take a what would-be bottom barrel golf and slap a new name on it and hype it up.

Is this smaller then the Golf? I do like the design but BOOO for the 2900lbs. The old rabbit weighed in far less then 2000lbs.

Im pretty sure its the same car as the other golfs and the gti, just different motor, options, etc.

VW is good at hyping things up.

LOL i saw this suby ad two nights ago it said "When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you dont need a made-up character called fast" Silly germans.

I like it! I wonder how much it'll weigh if you strip it down to "track trim"

Back