The volkswagen rabbit is back

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Damn. The sucker's just under 3000 pounds for the manual 2 door, just over for the automatic, and I assume way more for the 4 door. Heavy mofo. I guess it needs the torque from that 5 cylinder engine!

asmallsol said:
Is this smaller then the Golf? I do like the design but BOOO for the 2900lbs. The old rabbit weighed in far less then 2000lbs.

2000 pounds is a pretty magical number. CRXs are slightly shy of that. Rabbits were more around the 2800 mark at their lightest factory trims.

And oh, those 60 hp motors ... And dog pissing . Man, what is it about those cars that people loved ?

Celerity said:
2000 pounds is a pretty magical number. CRXs are slightly shy of that. Rabbits were more around the 2800 mark at their lightest factory trims.

And oh, those 60 hp motors ... And dog pissing . Man, what is it about those cars that people loved ?

The 1984 GTI rabbit weighed in at 1920lbs with a full tank of gas. And I love the pissing dog of those cars lol.

The corrado was the replacement for the scircco. It will just depend on what name they want to use. Magizines have called the concept drawings both names.

i must be seeing things.....

someone on a honda website with the nissan in there name saying that vws have shitty interiors....

LMAO

jimboburgess said:
that's the beauty in an older civic hatch. that's the only thing hondas got going for it as far as performance.

my 5g coupe weighs just over 2100lbs.

my old 4g was just over 2000lbs.

NissanNiNjA2nd said:
rabbit = golf.... I dont care what anyone says, its the same damn car.

and a 2.5 liter that produces only 150hp and gets a HIGH side of 22/30? wow... I am glad we are moving backwards

Terrible motor, shit box design, shitty electronics, 1/2 assed interiors, and the only thing it has going for it is the Trans...... Give up now.

In that price range you can buy a yaris that looks just as terrible but gets much better mileage, hauls more stuff, and is so light that you can actually have fun with it.

3k lbs on 195/65- 15s.....

seriously.... no.

Lmao.

That golf looks good, the design is anything but terrible, the Interior is nicer than anything Honda or Acura or Nissan could come up with at almost any price range. Pulling information about 'electronics' out of your ass, and with 150hp probaly like 170 pounds of torque, this is going to be not only a lot faster than a base model civic, but it'll be a lot more fun than any car in it's price range. Not only that, VW is a status symbol of middle class white, unlike the Scion which is Ricer wannabe Asian, unlike the Honda which is a low class Puerto Rican.

Lmao.

That golf looks good, the design is anything but terrible, the Interior is nicer than anything Honda or Acura or Nissan could come up with at almost any price range. Pulling information about 'electronics' out of your ass, and with 150hp probaly like 170 pounds of torque, this is going to be not only a lot faster than a base model civic, but it'll be a lot more fun than any car in it's price range.
The interiors on VW are seriously some of the worst on the market. Cup holder design in a Jetta...... nuff said. I say what I said about the electronics because I have had to work on 4 BRAND new VW that had shorts that the dealer refused to work on. 150hp and 3klbs well lets be honest here.... itll probably make about 130 MAYBE on the ground and with you in it be about 3200lbs. So itll probably run a high 16second 1/4........ yup BLISTERINGLY fast.

The interiors on VW are seriously some of the worst on the market. Cup holder design in a Jetta...... nuff said. I say what I said about the electronics because I have had to work on 4 BRAND new VW that had shorts that the dealer refused to work on. 150hp and 3klbs well lets be honest here.... itll probably make about 130 MAYBE on the ground and with you in it be about 3200lbs. So itll probably run a high 16second 1/4........ yup BLISTERINGLY fast.
You're such B/S it's not even funny. Um, yeah the interiors sucked on VWs pre-98... because they didn't have cup holders! DAMN!

You act like cars are all 2k pounds now.. last I checked almost every car coming off the assembly line is around 3k pounds. Drag times aren't what makes a car 'fun'. A mini cooper has a pathetic 1/4 mile time, but it's hella fun.. You wanna go fast in a straight line? Get a Mustang.

You're garbage. You don't know anything about VWs besides your own biased opinion. GTFO.

and the new civics have what... 170hp/130tq in a 2900-3100 lb car.. I dont think the Rabbit will be much faster, if faster at all. SOunds to me that youre basing it off the tq difference and how the vw will be faster off the line, but where the vw lacks the honda will make up for (and the other way around too).

As for fun to drive, well i doubt either one is going to be a hoot, but if you were going to have to choose, i bet the vw would be, but come on... the difference between these two in terms of speed and fun is going to be minimal.

Back