The War in Libya

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That of course assumes we are even now.

ANYTHING added at ANY cost ADDS to the deficit. period.

As the war in Iraq winds down, the war in Libya picks up. Any difference is a drop in the ocean.

Personally I think we should stay out of Libya. Gadaffi is better than a group of muslim radicals.

I dont think this had anything to.do with muslim radicals. Iirc, christians were part of the uprising.

We lost Iran to a radical islamist, anti US government. The same thing in Egypt.. another anti US government. Syria, the Palestinians, and Sudan, also anti US, MUSLIM governments. Why will Lybia be any different?

The last time there was any “christian” governmental influence in the arab world was after the 1st world war, under the British empire.

As a side note - the sun never set on the British Empire because God didnt trust the British in the dark :)

Aren't they already muslim states to begin with? Also, Kuwait is a very strict Muslim country, but I haven't heard of any problems from there.

btw, I was referring to muslim radicals.

I honestly do not care what religion they are as long as there's no harm or genocide. Christians, at least in Egypt, seem to not mind. If they hate the US/anti-US, well just leave them alone. You can't make them like you.

Last edited:
I bet this last for less than a month, not an Iraq or Afgan type of war.

Were do we make those Tomahawks made anyways?

Drudgereport pwns:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-03-19 at 7.47.37 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-03-19 at 7.47.37 PM.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 256
Am I the only one that misses the days of the CIA assassinating folks? Some of our problems would be a lot less complicated if we would just whack the bosses of these countries.

im with ya

I miss the old days when they didn't get caught extraditing people cause they never turned their fucking cellphones off and used their real names to book hotel rooms...

we need a little cold war era ridgidness back

:concur:
tinfoil hat removed.

I bet this last for less than a month, not an Iraq or Afgan type of war.

Were do we make those Tomahawks made anyways?

McDonnell Douglas / Boeing Defense manufacture the Tomahawk.

If we end up sending ground troops in as part of the Coalition there is no way we are out in a month. And where are we going to draw the line with these shitty little countries? Egypt is a mess, Yemen is going sideways on and on it goes. With an entire region in turmoil how in the hall can any one country remain stable? Further complicating matters if we do send in ground troops we are going to have such retarded ROE that our troops are going to get the shit kicked out of them.

I believe Obama already stated that they will not send US ground troops in there. Not sure about other countries but they didn't say anything about ground troops. Their main goal was to enforce the no-fly zone. Only the French has directly attacked Ghadafi's ground military/vehicles around Benghazi. Ghadafi promised retaliation against the coalition so we'll see how that goes, but if ground troops are sent I'm going to assume it'll mainly be French forces than British/US.

Maybe once the country is stable enough, we'll get back the cost of the Tomahawks in oil. ;)

Last edited:
Of course, I trust his word.

:withstupid:

I just read a story on CNN explaining why this is soooo different from Iraq. I mean it would be foolish to think that the events in Libya are like Iraq in any way! I mean we have a UN resolution this time!

Last edited:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/world/middleeast/25egypt.html?_r=1&ref=global-home

Looks like I was right about the muslims taking over in Egypt. Click link for full text.

CAIRO — In post-revolutionary Egypt, where hope and confusion collide in the daily struggle to build a new nation, religion has emerged as a powerful political force, following an uprising that was based on secular ideals. The Muslim Brotherhood, an Islamist group once banned by the state, is at the forefront, transformed into a tacit partner with the military government that many fear will thwart fundamental changes.

It is also clear that the young, educated secular activists who initially propelled the nonideological revolution are no longer the driving political force — at least not at the moment.

Back