The white-mess, my EM1 Si with a d16y8.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Got it started, drove around a bit. Then I discovered my wastegate leaks vacuum. Then the ICM and plug wires went bad, and that pissed me off a bit, fouling the wideband o2 sensor.

Eventually though, got everything fixed up. Bought a new wastegate from speedfactory, it'll be here whenever... Until then I just deal with the horrible shreiking from it.

IMG_20200526_131856.jpg

But, uh, this tune needs a lot of work.

JPEG_20200526_203036.jpg

But, it does make boost soon. Hits the 7psi wastegate at 3700 rpm, this ought to be a fun car.

I replaced the left rear brake cylinder, so now I have a bit more braking power, but now the right rear cylinder doesn't match pressure, lol. So I'm regretting not replacing both.

It's parts delivery day!

1591023258134.png

1591023338395.png

Getting the new wastegate, a t-shirt for my wife, a t-shirt for my daughter, and a license plate frame.

The replacement "spare" ICM to replace the spare I used arrived the other day from amazon... And, uh, it wasn't new.

1591023460091.png

1591023468574.png

1591023482853.png

So, yeah, gonna have to buy another to get some kind of spare, damn amazon warehouse "deals" never seem to actually be a deal.

Question for u you have a p2p ecu in it right now with a jumper harness? I need to do CD the same thing ..what jumper harness do I need to get if u know .please send me a msg if uncanny and know what ik saying

Question for u you have a p2p ecu in it right now with a jumper harness? I need to do CD the same thing ..what jumper harness do I need to get if u know .please send me a msg if uncanny and know what ik saying
You should probably start your own thread, or search for the words you need to explain what you're trying to do.

I've got pictures of everything I'm using, but I'm using a PWM converted p28 automatic ecu, with a HondaRulez ECUTamer, tuning with Honda Tuning Suite.

You have an incredible amount of toys.
One day I'd like to see the full list.
You still have the street bike too? I think you had an SV650?

You have an incredible amount of toys.
One day I'd like to see the full list.
You still have the street bike too? I think you had an SV650?
Nope, I sold the street bike a few years back. When we found out my wife was pregnant I listed it for sale that day. It was a 2006 SV650s, super fun bike, but it gave my wife anxiety and I wasn't riding it because of work schedule, so I decided to list it for sale.

The cool thing about this scooter is that it'll fit inside the car, and has a range of 26 miles at like 15mph. The thing that kinda sucks is it doesn't have a robust method of charging without a 120v outlet, but most of the drag strips in the area have outlets I could use if I ever run it way down. Sure beats hauling a 200 lb motorcycle on the back.

I dropped a post on the faceterbutts for ya, it's got the full list and I bet a few folks will chime in with their list.

Good man selling the bike with the little one on the way.
Surrogate court judge (handles estate issues) refers to them as donor-cycles.
I listed mine shortly after I got my CPA license, similar reasoning but entirely different motives.

Good man selling the bike with the little one on the way.
Surrogate court judge (handles estate issues) refers to them as donor-cycles.
I listed mine shortly after I got my CPA license, similar reasoning but entirely different motives.

I'm a big fan of "Additive Risk Management." I've got more than enough car in the civic to make up for not having the sportbike.

I finally got around to charging the AC properly in the civic, and now it is great. No more cruising to the spots with only slightly chilled air... Lolol. Now it's ice cold.

Also took some better pics of the battery relocation, thought I'd share.
IMG_20200907_200553.jpg
IMG_20200907_200516.jpg
IMG_20200907_200531.jpg
IMG_20200907_200652.jpg
IMG_20200907_200434.jpg
IMG_20200907_200447.jpg

dude, you need a new steering wheel. Every time i see that, i cringe at the thought of touching it. lol
I picked up an EM1 wheel a few weeks back, now I've got the correct color wheel and everything for the car. I'm on the prowl for EM1 front seats and carpet, but I doubt I'll even bother as they're the same as the EX seats.

In other news, the car is sitting for the winter. It's on storage insurance, I might get a day or two before April where I can safely drive it on the road, we'll see.

Back