1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The white-mess, my EM1 Si with a d16y8.

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by awptickes, Apr 7, 2019.

1. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

Went to the drag strip. Ran twice.

IMG_20190508_200144.jpg

Bogged it bad off the line.

IMG_20190508_203752.jpg

Spun the tires through the 60', and beyond. I launched at like 6k thinking it wouldn't spin, lol. Wrong.

Oh well, I wanted a 17, and I got it.

2. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

Coming along nicely!

3. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

You should plasti dip the whole car.

(i was looking for plasti dip for my truck wheels and found this video for painting a honda civic lol)

4. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

lol dont plastidip it , it doesnt last that long and is terrible to remove

id $500 single stage it before plastidip or just have the hood/individual panels painted and reinstalled

5. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

I was 90% joking. I just didn't expect to see a whole video on how to plasti dip your car and have the subject be a Honda Civic.

6. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Bowel movement tune? Not bashing, just had to comment. Time to read up on this guy too.

7. awptickes

$35/gal tractor paint.

8. awptickes

Not counting tools I bought, because those are durable, and I'll use them again, I've spent $1385 on this car, including purchase price, tags, title, fees, and parts.

Parts cost is $869 so far.

Gonna pick up some wheels, stuff to make a wastegate pipe, boost control solenoid, stuff to make a downpipe, slim electric fan for the AC condenser, and probably some paint -- I figure that'll be $300-ish, putting me at about $1700 all said and done.

Then I've just gotta get a tune, and find out what breaks with the power adder.

Current issue is the AC condenser fan doesn't spin freely. I tried working on it last week, but lost interest. Now, I'm going to need some space there, so I might as well replace it completely with one of those "slim fan" deals from autozone/amazon/walmart and be done with it. I'll potentially convert it to a pusher-fan to give me some more room.

TurboMirage likes this.
  9. awptickes

I fixed the AC, by putting a pusher fan on the condenser. The fan was a little crushed from the accident, and apparently it just gave up the ghost a while back and I didn't know it, I just knew it stopped working as well as it should after I checked for room for the turbo.

Now there should be room for a turbo.
    IMG_20190521_210242.jpg
    IMG_20190521_210304.jpg

I went through the turbo kit boxes, and yep. Got everything to make it work. :D Oil lines, fittings, restrictor, drain fittings, and everything needed, which is pretty nice.

I also got the driver's running light/turn signal socket corrosion taken care of, so now maybe the sheriff's deputy who has my area will stop giving me the evil eye all the time, lol.

I'm going to do some work breaking the exhaust manifold bolts loose over the next couple days, then maybe I'll be able to test fit the turbo manifold and figure out the down pipe and dump tube situation. I'd like to make the wastegate dump into the exhaust piping, but I don't know if it will all fit in the engine bay.

TurboMirage likes this.
  10. awptickes

Had a few minutes to check superheat on the civic, and added some more r134a because it needed it. Now it'll pull 45° deltas while stationary with a 72° ambient temp, and nothing but a small box fan blowing air towards it.

Maybe tonight I'll get the passenger door wiring harness figured out. The speaker I thought was bad isn't, the door just has to be opened about 3-7" for it to work. I suspect the door harness in the grommet under the fender has breaks in it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted