The windshield Dyno

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
so i'm sure at least a couple of you have heard of this thing

it claims to be able to tell you your quarter mile times, reaction time, 60 foot times, as well as horse power and torque figures

has anyone ever used one of these???

yeah, it's ok to get a general idea.

you need to know what you and the car weighs before attempting anything with it.

It also loses it's calibration after a few passes. You get what you pay for.

-> Steve

so has anyone used it? or just know its a piece of shit?

i was curious how well it does with the HP numbers, and i was also curious how it was at quarter times...

no track around me...

i was also looking into getting permission to use the local airport, just a strip, to do friday or saturday drags...
looking to get a cheap laser setup for timing, and a cheap christmas tree as well...

i would like to race of course, but i'm more concerned with trying to keep the kids off the street, try and keep the rest of us from getting harassed by the po for dumb kids...

well for quarter mile times, the only way that it can give you even semi accurate tiems is if it has a built in g-meter. The old ones would just figure out when you did a quarter mile on the speedometer. This would give you faster times because you have slight wheelspin, and although your drive tires have gone 1/4 mile, you have not.

hey
thanks for moving this, whomever did it

didn't think it was worthy of anything other than members lounge, considering its an abortion dyno, but thanks...

at least now it shows on the home page

so i'm guessing this isn;t worth any amount of money right?

I moved it. Anything really car related questions should not be posted in the members lounge, even though this topic is kinda crap.

Basicly they are pos's. Like voodoo science.

a friend bought one for his lexus sc400, chipped with an intake... it didnt work. told him it ran low 14's when stock the car is a mid 15.

in other words, don't waste your money.

if you want 1/4 times go to the track, lap times go to a scca event

Apex'i RSM >>> G-Tech Pro

It actually talks to the ECU so it knows how fast you're going, and you can throw a G sensor in it too.

Back