the winter storm thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rained all night, temps dropped. its like 20 now and still dropping. supposed to snow all day, snowing retty hard now. but classes werent canceled. they will probably just cancel night classes like they did yesterday.

about 2 inches of slush on the roads when i came into work this morning... 1/4 inch of ice on my windows.... and the fucking news is acting like we are getting owned like upstate NY... fucking morons

this winter is fired

well here in west haven its about 1" of snow but is raining ice and i had no school so i could care less how much we got....i still took the truck out and did some nice donuts at west haven high! lol.......but as if now its all ice and a lil snow.....oh well...so much for 8":(

the commute to work last night I was doing 65 all the way there, going home...I didn't make it home till like 8:20...almost 2 hours to get 30 miles....Bald fat one wheel drive vehicals FTL...

I'm taking tonight off...fuck this shit.

heres some pics of the snow we got here in Fort Wayne, Indiana just to give you an idea of how bad it is here:

front of my truck:
snow001.jpg

another front end shot of my truck with snow up to bumper:
snow002.jpg

snow in the road. to the left is where a car went. you can see how much snow is on the road here real good:
snow003.jpg

rear of my truck:
snow004.jpg

looking down my street:
snow005.jpg

snow bank where my neighbors dug their car out:
snow006.jpg

another shot of my truck in the snow:
snow007.jpg

fence going into barkyard. the fence is about 6 feet tall. you can see how much the snow drifted:
snow008.jpg

snow piled up by the wheels on my Focus. those are 16" wheels just to give you an idea:
snow010.jpg

snow in front of my Focus. again you can see how much the snow drifted:
snow011.jpg

and thats the pics from the snow here in Fort Wayne, Indiana

and that's in a relatively closed neighborhood where the wind had too many obstacles to go through. There's at least 6 feet of snow piled up on the side of the streets.

snow here would be great....but we've got nothing but sleet....about 2" of the shit...you can't even walk in without almost busting your ass...

Well i got sent home from work at 11:30am, power lines downed all over the place. Snapped trees everywere in my area, traffic lights out. I wish i had a camera so i could post pic's of the crazy ice we have here. I chipped the ice off the G in one place and no lie it's like 1/2" thick.

fuckers!! we had about 2 inches at 5am when i went to bed. Woke up at 10 we had about 10 inches when the landlord came to plow our driveway. Now we have about 10 more.

wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
i hate you almost as much as the cock tease weather bitch

Got about 3-4 inches of snow and a lot of sleet, roads sucked only where there was slush. That is wierd that you guys go less snow than I did, I am not that far from you.

it actually started snowing again. sleet is done. looks like there's been about an inch in the last hour or so since the sleep changed over to snow

pics to come by the end of the night.

im stayin high and dry on the couch tonight ;)

easily 24 inches and still snowing hard.

22 inches and still coming down, albany, NY 8:30 PM wednesday.
Def not the biggest storm I've seen, but the best one in about 3 years, Put the blizzacs on and blasted through to and from work.
Alot of people shut down early, but it's really great weather for drifting!1!

1.5inches of rain and still coming down. :) YAY! More rain! I love workin in the rain!

I would say about 3 inches here. But it's under so much ice I don't break the surface.

we started with about 4-6 of snow, then 1-2 of sleet, then another 6-10 of snow
drifts are horrible
everything is frozen now

trucks drives nice in the snow though

Back