"The world is coming to an end" thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You obviously don't drink untreated water.

if you read that in the correct context, it makes B sound like a PBR drinking, starbucks going, i-anything monger.

keep up the good fight man, you'll make it to seattle sometime. ;)

Government Shutdown, were screwed if it happens anyway.

Know what happens during a shutdown? Nothing. A few less secretaries show up and maybe the landscaping crew gets sent home. The defense infrastructure stays up, the FBI runs it all keeps going. They don't send essential people home. And if you've ever worked in government "everyone is essential".

the whole government shut down is just fear mongering. They want to make it sound horrible so whoever ends up with the hot potato when it's over looks like an old people eater who drinks the souls of the unborn.

Hunting is an hour's walk away, tops, to 100s of acres of watershed land full of deer/etc.

300 million hungry people = every wild animal on the continent gone in a month. Those 'first to go' people can do a lot of damage before they starve to death.

300 million hungry people = every wild animal on the continent gone in a month. Those 'first to go' people can do a lot of damage before they starve to death.

I don't know about that. Animals are crafty even more so if you have folks who have no idea what kind of animal they are hunting. Plus you'd have the benefit of people who have no idea how to hunt basically bird dogging for you. Let them run around in the field flushing everything out while they try and kill it with rocks and a stick and drop it with your rifle.

yeah right. the people who are first to go, are well, "first to go" for a reason. you think the same people who begged for handouts in new orleans are going to be able to hunt and fend for themselves? yeah fucking right. they'll either die of starvation or kill each other off in about 10 days. lol

survival is about darwinism. 80% of americans would die in a month without being able to run to whole foods.

you think the same people who begged for handouts in new orleans are going to be able to hunt and fend for themselves?

Ok maybe not the first to go people, but what about all the second, third, forth to go people. The folks who know just enough to do some damage to the supply chain of the real survivors. 300 million is a huge number, there will be alot of folks left living... Those middle-ground folks will be putting alot of strain on the animal population at the very least.

200 million are dead because they live in big/over-populated cities anyway. If you CAN get out, you might have a chance. Odds are, you will be raped/jumped before you ever get out of town for whatever you happened to be carrying by a mob.
Which is why you need to lay as low as possible for 'first strike' and let the idiots go nuts and weed themselves out first.

lets think Independence Day scenario. the big cities will get bombed/destroyed/zombiefied first.

i'll be running to the closest military base. since i'm a veteran and possess a valuable skill, i could probably make my way back on base. if shtf, i can survive with the military or hit the mountains in canada. there is a fuck ton of land where nobody will EVER go to.

that may work for about a week or 2..... long term, it's a shit plan.

I'm on my way to the store now for a big stock up, and easily easily I could survive for a month without going. EASY survive.

And the best part is, I have a water purifier, probably good for 10 people for over a year.

I will eat what i anything edible in a time of survival.
Grew up in the woods.. to the woods i will return!

Back