The WORST feeling in the world.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

even a fire proof safe will do if you secure it properly

Man .. that's the shit I'm fighting against. I think all people should have a gun on them at all times.
strangely enough i agree with this

He's planning on one soon enough. Kinda pointless now that the gun is gone.

But for now, deadbolts and a security system.

Hey, E... wanna pony up the couple hundred for a decently heavy gun safe for him? He just spend 300 dollars on securing his home now that this shit happened.

Opinions aside, where his gun was in the house is a pointless arguement.
im glad that he is spending money on securing his home... unfortunately its a bit late...
as i said, the safe doesnt even have to be a huge heavy one as long as it is bolted down... as recked said, even one of those $60 fire proof safes properly installed could have kept this gun out of the hands of a criminal loose on the streets...
i also would have to say that where his gun was and how poorly it was secured is pretty damn important point... perhaps that point will be a little bit sharper when his unsecured gun ends up used in a crime...
check the pawn shops all you want people dont pawn stolen guns they sell them on the street or the thief uses it themselves...
:shrug2:
all i can hope is that this will be a learning experience for him and the next time he leaves his weapon unattended it will at least be secured in a manor that keeps it out of the hands of criminals

Seems you're placing the blame solely on him for leaving it behind 4 locked doors... just kind of confusing on how he's so 'irresponsible' for locking it in an undisclosed part of his house while spending the money on his Police training, house, and safety of his family prior to a safe?

safety of his family????
i know this is a friend of yours and you are defending him as such... i do not fault you for that... however...
he is responsible for ANOTHER gun on the street
how safe does that make his family???

locked in a drawer behind 4 doors is great if you are dealing with honest people or curious children... as has been displayed here it doesnt quite cut it when dealing with criminals

im not trying to argue with you here... but people that do not properly secure their weapons are one of the leading sources for the weapons out on the street

How is he responsible for that gun on the street? He LOCKED IT UP and left it UNLOADED.

A safe is no guarantee anyway.

It's not the people who lock it behind four doors in a fairly secure house who are at fault for owning that weapon, it's the dishonest jackfucks who break into peoples houses who need the blame on them.

Aside from a 600-900 dollar safe, it was about as secure as it's going to get. Just lay off the comments blaming him for having his house broken into.

safety of his family????
i know this is a friend of yours and you are defending him as such... i do not fault you for that... however...
he is responsible for ANOTHER gun on the street
how safe does that make his family???

locked in a drawer behind 4 doors is great if you are dealing with honest people or curious children... as has been displayed here it doesnt quite cut it when dealing with criminals

im not trying to argue with you here... but people that do not properly secure their weapons are one of the leading sources for the weapons out on the street

No, the people who steal those weapons are the leading sources for the weapons out on the street.

Anyway, it would have been hard to foresee what happened, and if it was easily foreseeable, don't you think that the person would have already had these beefed up security factors in place? Hindsight is 20/20. Its probably the greatest bias that we all possess.

2000si; I'm sorry to hear your buddy's house got broken into. I don't know what I would do if I had to live in fear of someone breaking into my house. I grew up in a neighborhood where never once in the 21years that I lived there did I ever hear of a house being broken into. Some cars had some things jacked from them, but never houses.

If I lived in bad neighborhood, I would definately be a part of the "Shoot first, ask questions later" crowd.

Well, I found out Sunday that one of them got caught and is in custody since Saturday night. Some 19 year old punk, and his accomplice is supposedly on a hunting trip up in Michigan, or at least was, over the weekend.

They drove up from New haven to IN37 and hocked the xbox, controllers, games and all that at an EB Games, but they still haven't recovered the laptop, gun or all their DVDs.

thats a shitty situation. I had one of my ex'es break in my garage. Steal my h22a, a shitty ass d16y8 that was crap, a bunch of car parts, AND, my siberian husky.. All while I was in Costa Rica, anyways, my boyfriend found my motors, seats, and all the other parts for sale on craigslist, called him on it, acted like he was comming to look at everything and beat the living fuck out of him. Needless to say, I never got my dog back and that was the most important part... FUCK THEIVES!

all i know is a high powered security system with cameras is on my storage unit and my shop, and i will tell you if any of my stuff got stollen i would let the cops handle it, but if it was one of my cars or parts and i found out who did it the cops would have to put me in jail.

Back