The Z build...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

almost a BRE color scheme

awesome

R92CP-24-YHP-600-front-a.jpg

It's about time Clayton had colorscheme that meant something :)

When I first saw the block with no valve cover on it - I thought - Detroit Diesel?

The block looks nice - you powerwashing the engine bay before you put the engine back in?

P.S. I love the pic with the 5 quarts of oil - in the background you can a see a JDM tacklebox, yo.

DSC00240.JPG

REady to go in...but I said fuck it tonight....time to get drunk, and do the install tommorrow...I still got to wait for fuel injector seals anyways...they come tommorrow after 10am...and I have a new plan up my sleeve...for something else....it will involve a lot of people's futures...hehe. So'm I'm taking the night to get plasterd dunk and pass out on the sofa to wake to coffee in the morning and a lot of fabbing when I get back to the garage....

more pics uploaded...got to love the unsprung race disk...hehe...I wait wait to ses how it grabs..... :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
Do you paint your motors these colors on purpose? Or is it whatever paint is on sale?
I know this may surprise you, but Clayton is far more Japanese than he is Red Neck :)

He put pink decals of poo on my helmet for christ sake. He's not right in the head.

after struggling for two days...I finally got it lined up enough to slip it onto the tranny....damn...dropping an engine in with only two hands is a bitch. :mad:

Now to hook everything up, take my time, repair some other things thats wrong with the car, pop the hood back on, which is also a bitch with only two hands...and see if it cranks up and runs, then fab up the new 3" strait pipe to the huge supertrap. Install the diff bracket, and play around a little more with the suspension and get it back on the road, I got my licence plate back and the car is re-registered till 2007.... Plus I got to get a door handle...but looking at the rust on the door, I might a well get a full door, and if the money ever comes in, get new fenders as well, and get the frame rails and floor pans bought and welded on, order a full carpet kit, get the car re-painted. and I also got to find some 14x10 4 lug slotted mags, and a few tires...and I'll be completely done with the car....

first things first...got to get it to fire up. :wink:

Quoted post[/post]]
after struggling for two days...I finally got it lined up enough to slip it onto the tranny....damn...dropping an engine in with only two hands is a bitch. :mad:

Now to hook everything up, take my time, repair some other things thats wrong with the car, pop the hood back on, which is also a bitch with only two hands...and see if it cranks up and runs, then fab up the new 3" strait pipe to the huge supertrap. Install the diff bracket, and play around a little more with the suspension and get it back on the road, I got my licence plate back and the car is re-registered till 2007.... Plus I got to get a door handle...but looking at the rust on the door, I might a well get a full door, and if the money ever comes in, get new fenders as well, and get the frame rails and floor pans bought and welded on, order a full carpet kit, get the car re-painted. and I also got to find some 14x10 4 lug slotted mags, and a few tires...and I'll be completely done with the car....

first things first...got to get it to fire up. :wink:

Your tune changes daily. New fenders? New door ? Stop lying to yourself, this car will be $20k invested, worth $6k and with nothing to show.

Nah, new fenders from VictoriaBritish is like $189 each, rocker panels are only like $59...
http://www.victoriabritish.com/features/z/ZBD1.htm

Frame rails for $60 each at Baddog...
http://www.baddogparts.com/

And the full floor boards and rails for a set is like $259, and a full carpet kit for about $160 from this site...

http://www.datsunrestore.com/catalog.html

Door, used and in good condition...about $100 from anywhere.

and since the car does need to get painted, I got to fill in all those damn acorn hits from last fall...
and thats about $4-500...and the wife was asking me what I wanted for my birthday..so I told her I wanted the Z painted. And since she like to ride in it, the better looking it is, the happier she is, so she's thinking about it right now.

And too date...I'm nowhere near 20K's invested...

More in the area of 4Ks....I think :ph34r:

Z's are cheaper to mod than most cars out there...but then again...if you go all balls out...you can sink some major money into them.

the only way to officially know you have a car back in running order is a 2min burnout.

and a pic to prove it.

I still got to fab up the exhaust, and get the hood back on, clean up a few more wires...and re-paint the valve cover....gas sprayed all over it...ohh well...

and I got to get some tires mounted on the 14x8 rims I picked up...and look for a pair or set of 14x10 rims....and get the solid diff bushing installed, and the brass shifter bushing in, and wash the damn car.

I also got to do some fab work to the sandblaster, the cheap seal that they sent in the kit is a POS. Then I can blast the shit out of the things here thats piling up, and I need to get some more glass beads...

But I might take it out for a spin tonight...to see what it can do :ph34r:

Back