1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the zc, cps

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by lizoyd18, Apr 23, 2007.

1. lizoyd18

lizoyd18 Junior Member

i just put a zc in my 90 civic dx and i was wondering if anyone know if i was supposed to splice them into the second distributor plug with the 2 wire which is black and yellow with blue and green.from what i understand i was supposed to splice it to another plug which was a green square which has blue with green and and blue with yellow..thanks for the help

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

is this DOHC ZC? - if your DX had the original engine harness and was running DPFI, you don't need to do anything to the distributor connectors - they plug right into the DOHC ZC distributor

3. lizoyd18

lizoyd18 Junior Member

oh im sorry i ment is the cps under the distributor because i dont kno what it looks like. on the site u gave me it said splice it with a green square but i dont see that on my car..am i looking at this wrong

4. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

here is the CPS (yellow arrow) - the black arrow is pointing to the green connector

[​IMG]

5. lizoyd18

lizoyd18 Junior Member

i don't have that square green plug there is nothing there that looks like the distributor plug... i have a blacktop i don't know if its different but there is a two wire green plug under it but i don't think thats for the cps i guess im supposed to buy one???

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  6. lizoyd18

lizoyd18 Junior Member

if theres nothing there do i still need c1 and c2 wired up???

7. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

does your engine happen to be OBD1?

8. lizoyd18

lizoyd18 Junior Member

i switched it to a obd0 distributor

9. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

if you have the OBD1 DOHC ZC and are running it OBD0, you need the OBD0 distributor and you need to add the Cylinder Sensor on the end of the exhaust camshaft

10. lizoyd18

lizoyd18 Junior Member

so i have to get the cps with the connector on it but dont i have to connect it to something or i just let it hang and hook up c1 and c2??...and plus almost all the sensors are broken off....on the side of the intake manifold that still good but i dont kno which one goes there and there is the one way in the back thats kinda in the middle and the one behind the throttle body and a extra one on top of the throttle body do i need that one or not???...it looks like when i close my hood its gonna snap off.

11. lizoyd18

lizoyd18 Junior Member

well i got a new throttle body and a eacv but the cps connector is round yea i know i got the wrong one i think thats the only piece i need then i can start my car oh yea whats the timing on the dohc zc????

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted