the zc, cps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lizoyd18

i just put a zc in my 90 civic dx and i was wondering if anyone know if i was supposed to splice them into the second distributor plug with the 2 wire which is black and yellow with blue and green.from what i understand i was supposed to splice it to another plug which was a green square which has blue with green and and blue with yellow..thanks for the help

Last edited:
is this DOHC ZC? - if your DX had the original engine harness and was running DPFI, you don't need to do anything to the distributor connectors - they plug right into the DOHC ZC distributor

oh im sorry i ment is the cps under the distributor because i dont kno what it looks like. on the site u gave me it said splice it with a green square but i dont see that on my car..am i looking at this wrong

here is the CPS (yellow arrow) - the black arrow is pointing to the green connector

dutch6-2.jpg

i don't have that square green plug there is nothing there that looks like the distributor plug... i have a blacktop i don't know if its different but there is a two wire green plug under it but i don't think thats for the cps i guess im supposed to buy one???

Last edited:
so i have to get the cps with the connector on it but dont i have to connect it to something or i just let it hang and hook up c1 and c2??...and plus almost all the sensors are broken off....on the side of the intake manifold that still good but i dont kno which one goes there and there is the one way in the back thats kinda in the middle and the one behind the throttle body and a extra one on top of the throttle body do i need that one or not???...it looks like when i close my hood its gonna snap off.

well i got a new throttle body and a eacv but the cps connector is round yea i know i got the wrong one i think thats the only piece i need then i can start my car oh yea whats the timing on the dohc zc????

Back