There are no Canadians

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Estorvito+May 28 2005, 09:30 PM-->
@Nov 26 2004, 01:32 PM
I've been here for over a year now.......
Tried to start up this forum a million times.....just doesn't work.  lol.

....From Toronto....

P.S.  Did you just say that there are no Canadians in Ottawa???
[post=422510]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey In not from Canada but I'll be heading to Toronto next week.....
any good places for me to go? wanna meet up? lol

I'll be heading out there with wifey and my lil girl....VACATION! :p
[post=504816]Quoted post[/post]​

Shit...I guess you'd be back by now.....could have hooked you up with a bunch of cool places to go :)

Let me know if you've left yet.

Lots of cool places.

Since you’re traveling with your family, I’ll give you some cool spots to go with your wife and daughter.
If you’re just sticking around the city, then there are a few places that would be interesting to all of you. First would be the CN tower (obviously). It’s fairly cheap to go up to the observation deck and look around. If you’ve ever been on the obs. Deck on the Empire state building, the CN makes it look like an Ant…stoopid high. Good way to kill an afternoon. There is also one of those rotating restaurant deals in the CN, but the food is over-priced and not that good.
Second, the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) is a really cool way to spend a day in the city. I’m not a museum guy per say, but the ROM is pretty cool. One of the largest ancient history collections in North America.
Third, the Toronto Zoo is kick-ass. Great setup, lots of animals (everything you could think of) and if I remember correctly, not TOO expensive….much less than amusement parks anyways. Your daughter would love it. Just be prepared to sleep like a madman when you get back to your hotel (or wherever you’re staying)…lots of walking.
If you want to go shopping in the city, you can go to the Eaton’s center, or cruise up Yonge Street, or Queen Street. Lots of cool stores and all the major brands. If you want more shopping, there’s Square One, or Vaughn Mills, which are massive, but are up to 30 mins out of the city.

If you’re traveling around southern Ontario, or on your way up to T.O. , here are a few places you can go. Highly recommended.

First, Niagara Falls is cool to look at…..for a few minutes, then it’s boring, then you get pissed off for paying $6 for a slice of pizza. It’s commercial and expensive. Now me, I don’t mind the expensive part, but at least expect some elegance to go along with it. If you want a great afternoon/evening, go to Niagara on the Lake. While you’re there, visit the Hillebrand winery. Hillebrand website. It’s a beautiful landscape and you can take a tour of the grounds, the distillery, and participate in tastings. Their Ice wine is of particular interest, and white vidals are not close behind (reds are a bit oaky for me, but still tasty). After the tour and tasting, you can go to the restaurant. It’s a 4.5 star in my eyes, but is surprisingly affordable (I think we fed 4 of us for $60 CDN.) Great food using only local ingredients and Hillebrand wines. I recommend this above most.

Second, if you want to journey a bit (maybe an hour or so North, outside of T.O.), then you could go to Wasaga Beach. It’s pretty cool, lots of cool shops, cars, eye candy, and clubs. Water is warm (it’s 30 C. right now in T.O.), and the sand is nice. Great summer place to go to. There are tons of unique bed/breakfast palces to stay and eat.

If you need any contact/accomidation info, let me know and I’ll hook you up with some numbers, or addresses/maps.

there, that'll keep you busy.

R.

Third, the Toronto Zoo is kick-ass. Great setup, lots of animals (everything you could think of) and if I remember correctly, not TOO expensive….much less than amusement parks anyways. Your daughter would love it. Just be prepared to sleep like a madman when you get back to your hotel (or wherever you’re staying)…lots of walking.
If you want to go shopping in the city, you can go to the Eaton’s center, or cruise up Yonge Street, or Queen Street. Lots of cool stores and all the major brands. If you want more shopping, there’s Square One, or Vaughn Mills, which are massive, but are up to 30 mins out of the city.

NIce.....
Thats where I wanted to got..To that Zoo..I heard it was nice.....
Now SHould I take mY civic Or should i rent a Van or something..I mean its just my lil brat, wifey, and myself....

Is there a RED LOBSTER around the area...Gotta love them LObster man....
How Far is that From Buffalo..Do you know....<---THE Zoo that is...

Bring your civic if you don't mind putting on the miles, minivans are teH ShitTy.

The Zoo is @ the 401 & Meadowvale rd. From Buffalo, it'll take about 3 Hours or so to make it there, respectfully. Just take the QEW to the 401 East. There is a Red Lobster @ 3252 Sheppard ave. East. That would be the closest one to the Zoo.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Originally posted by adnoh@Jun 8 2005, 12:09 PM
Bring your civic if you don't mind putting on the miles, minivans are teH ShitTy.

The Zoo is @ the 401 & Meadowvale rd. From Buffalo, it'll take about 3 Hours or so to make it there, respectfully. Just take the QEW to the 401 East. There is a Red Lobster @ 3252 Sheppard ave. East. That would be the closest one to the Zoo.

Let me know if you need anything else.
[post=509631]Quoted post[/post]​

cool..Im browsing their website now....It looks like fun..They also have that water place fro the kids...

I maped it and it looks like a 2 1/2 hour drive from here......Not bad....
Let me see what the wifey thinks......
and damn that place looks fu*king big.....

It looks like fun....

Thanks

no problems dude!

Let me know if you need any more info :)

Originally posted by BigC-ivic@Nov 15 2004, 01:37 PM
right here in Ottawa
[post=417125]Quoted post[/post]​

Born in Ottawa, live in Aylmer (Gatineau). Surprised no one else from Gatineau here as there is a large amount of Tuner kids around

Saskatchewan here. i am real supprised to see others from saskatchewn there are never people from here.........

hey everyone,

I'm from New Liskeard (Temiskaming Shores) Ontario. Its about 5 hours north of Toronto, 1 and half from North Bay.

vancouver here, don't post much just mostly read read and read.. i drive 89 si crx and hopefully soon gettin a jdm b18c to stuff in it motor, tranny, ecu, wiring harness and axles 3200$ not bad just need mounts and clutch conversion kit for it and shift linkage can't wait any other vancouver members?

deejay

Originally posted by Cappelle@Jul 3 2005, 10:28 AM
Saskatchewan here. i am real supprised to see others from saskatchewn there are never people from here.........
[post=520078]Quoted post[/post]​

Where in sask are you from?

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jul 7 2005, 01:15 AM
god damn it. 3 roughrider fans, a couple of lions fans and still not 1 from alberta
[post=521992]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey what's up?

I'm from Calgary. Drive a 2000 civic SIG...trying to find some lowering springs for it at a good price...how do you put a pic under your name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back