There goes my clean track record on the bike.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigJ

I'm just about that action Boss.
VIP
Not even a week from getting my endorsement I dropped my bike riding. Yesterday I was riding on Chuckanut dr, a very beautiful scenic ride on the cliffs of bellingham bay, and I pulled onto the shoulder to wait up for my roommate as he was lagging. I pulled into the fire department parking lot area, near the end of the driveway, sure enough lose dirt on the pavement, and whoops, 8 mph crash with me under the bike.

I can't stress enough how much my frame sliders saved my bike. I have vortex with replaceable pucks so I'm just going to buy a new puck today and I'll be set. The left engine cover got scuffed, but it was scuffed before from the previous owner, so I already have a replacement cover for that, and I believe there are about 3-4 tiny scratches next to it that should wax out very easily.

The little rubber piece that sticks off the shifter arm snapped off in the fall because it landed on my food(I definitely felt it dig in) but I Was wearing boots.

My hip is pretty sore because that took most of the fall.

It was bound to happen. It sucks. The firemen all came running out and got flashlights to check out the bike immediately. Didn't even care if I was alright, it was pretty humorous, because I was fine.

I ended up riding the last 10 miles home without a shifter thingy, and I had to feel for the long rod that runs parallel to shift.

shitty :( but you got away with very little damage :)

i do more damage to my bike moving it around than riding it. i have yet to even fall off a motorcycle/dirtbike in the last 15 years i have been riding. doesnt make me a better rider though, eventually i will go down ;)

"atleast you did it now rather then in 15 years when you get fucked up and break both your legs or something"

Kinda ignorant. I mean you can break bones at any time, and older riders "Who know how to fall" often walk away from these things unhurt.

And now Slammed is on his way to such wisdom !

"Not even a week from getting my endorsement I dropped my bike riding. Yesterday I was riding on Chuckanut dr, a very beautiful scenic ride on the cliffs of bellingham bay, and I pulled onto the shoulder to wait up for my roommate as he was lagging. I pulled into the fire department parking lot area, near the end of the driveway, sure enough lose dirt on the pavement, and whoops, 8 mph crash with me under the bike.

It was bound to happen. It sucks. The firemen all came running out and got flashlights to check out the bike immediately. Didn't even care if I was alright, it was pretty humorous, because I was fine. "

The firemen ran to the bike first because that's also training. Shut off the bike, check for leaks. Contain.

I slid on sand too. Man, it's rough, I tell ya. And my bike came out from under me - but my muscles were sore for a week because I mustered the super human "retard strength" to pull it up from a dramatic angle underneath me. I learned my goddam lesson like whoa.

It's important to remember that your bike is your friend, confidente, partner. Until the moment it starts to go down, then jump the fuck off. Lots of people tend to hold on to the bike for one of two reasons:

They think they can stop it from getting damaged
They are afraid of being without it (Like, flying through the air with nothing) that they cling to it and ride it into the accident.

Fuck that. Jump. It's a machine, it can be fixed.

Back