There is HOPE....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Well....I took the wife to a flea market today, I didn't see anything except some Western Mini-lights Watanabe look alike rims for $300....but the wife did her weekly shopping for antiques........anyway's....

As we was leaving...I was pissed...nothing going home was mine...but just crap going to Japan for the wifes little side bussiness...well...when we were walking to the Z...I looked a few cars over and saw a few vehicals that sparked my intrest....one was a fully restored Dode charge...that was Lime green...or what ever color they call it...it looked sweet...and the other car was an old Willy's Jeep....in somewhat decent condition......and she saw it too.

Well the wife commented on how the Charger looked sweet and I mentioned that a car in that condition could sell for around $60-70,000....and she only liked the car for the color....ohh well.....

Then we drove around and looked at the Jeep thing...and she went estatic....like her panties were melting off....and she fell in love with yet another car.........So I asked her if I can find one of these Jeep's, then can I get rid of her Jeep Cherokee.....and she said HELL YES.....

So it looks like I have a new project car to start looking for...and a $3000 Jeep to sell....hehe.

There is HOPE in the World...you just have to find it.

Oh...BTW...I am now looking for one of these...but in no/or little rust type of a condition.......

The Newest project on the planning board.....

Nice. :thumbsup:

Paint it yellow, so it looks like a short school bus!!! And then have your wife drive you around and you sit in the back and act retarded :lol:

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Jun 20 2004, 06:53 PM
Nice. :thumbsup:

Paint it yellow, so it looks like a short school bus!!! And then have your wife drive you around and you sit in the back and act retarded :lol:

She can't drive :ph34r:

Oh... :unsure: Is there anyone else, this is a really good idea??? :( J/P

Nice choice though, think that you will raise it to go wheelin or just restore it?

Prolly a little of both....

I would like to take it off road....if I can.....it has to be one that runs fairly decent.....

Rebuilding another car from scratch would just kill me.....

But...something that drives decent, and looks decent....

not to be a dick Clayton, but with all your previous housing stories/issues, I would be looking into condo's/houses instead of another project car...

There's always time to buy a new car :)

Originally posted by sisteve@Jun 20 2004, 07:29 PM
not to be a dick Clayton, but with all your previous housing stories/issues, I would be looking into condo's/houses instead of another project car...

There's always time to buy a new car :)

Holy crap, Martine hijacked Steve's username! :ph34r:

This project wouldn't be started till after we find a house....and a decent frame to start off of.....

And Loco.....I just busted up LOL'ing so hard beer came out my nose. :lol:

I am just so happy that the wife finnally came around to real 4WD's...and that is my Fav Jeep.....next to my second car I owned that I built...the 74 Jeep Wagoneer LTD Edition AWD with a fresh 360 AMC bored out to a 400...and I blew many Axles when I was 15 years old..hehe...cruiseing at 130 with almost no pedel to the floor...... :ph34r:

1st car was the 2 ton 59 Studabaker flatbed duelly dump truck.... :ph34r:

Sorry...I'm strange ;)

put about a 4" lift and some big tires with some classic chrome Weld Racing wheels on it. cant forget a good wench. that thing would badass. paint it white or something plain and simple..not gawdy looking. hows that for ideas??

i thikn the old landruisers are awesome, the willys are in a close second.

a 4 door Willys ? UHCTH I just vomitted alittle...

Landcrusher. FJ40. Original motor. Two tops. Done. Talk about value.. These things are like art - they simply don't depreciate. Sell it here, Sell it in Japan, Sell it anywhere and you've got the happy medium in both the Charger / Jeep case.

I mean, seriously, check out the prices on these things. It's like they are upholstered with the Shroud of Turin.

-> Steve

WERD!!!!... thats it I'm in the convo now... first vehicle i had was a 1973 CJ5 with the 258 3sp... I LOVE THAT THING TO DEATH... but I kind of killed it... My father owned a 1948 i think.... cj3 with the original 134 flathead ford motor ... the "GO DEVIL" engine...

If you get one... you have to find some uniway tires... i doubt they even still exist anywhere but it would just be funny... BTW... what are you gunna do for a motor... keep the flathead... keep it in the "jeep" family.. that spans about 16 diff manufactures... or just strait out swap some HUGE v-8 chevy, dodge, or ford... beast..... ehh

Oh well hope you actually get one.. the things are fun as hell ... no matter what anyone tells you.

-Aaron

If I can only find one in decent shape, and the price is right.....

But I'm finally happy that the wife saw something that I can get to replace the Jeep I have now....but until I can find one...the POS cherokee will have to do for the doggy car :lol:

I hope you find one...old Jeeps are the shit. I was thinking of gettin' a Wrangler. Think about it...a 4-wheel drive convertible...sounds like the perfect car for me.

Seriously though, sisteve and I are right. Just buy the house first Clayton and for the next few years, throw ALL of your extra money (including beer money) towards building your equity. Matt's friend Erik with the JDM wife... along with a teg and an NSX... bought his house three years ago, and made an extra payment every year. He was able to buy his used NSX on his home equity line of credit. Erik even has a lift in his garage... aside from having plenty of room to store cars without hassle.

Well good luck staying focused on your goals...

FWIW....I have been saving...like crazy..

even though I am still in debt up to my ass in student loans...roughly about $23K's...they are getting paid off....and I have been dumping money each week into getting it paid off...and that's all the bill's that I have or owe anything on....plus they gave me another forebarrence, and I am still paying money into it.

On the other note....Me and the wife have already sourced about 40-50K's for a down payment, we just have to wait for the funds to hit the banks. and then when the AE86 is done, and it makes it's drift debut, some rich kid will see it on Ebay and it will collect me another 5-7K's, and the CRX swap..when it's running..it will also be up for sale...hopehully 3-4K's, and the Z should fetch me about 7-9K's...so on the down payment on the house...55-77K's will be availible for a nice down payment...and by the time this all hits in the bank's, and the shit gets done...hopefully my credit rating will appear better and I won't need to pay 25% for the down payment.

So my options are very many...sell all the cars, keep one car, and get a huge house with a huge garage....then start doing more projects after a while....or get a small place now, and keep the cars, and have the house payed off in 5 years, and only have to worry about land taxes and student loans for the monthly payment's...hehe

PLus as of last week, I now have major job security...the blade shop I work in has orders for up to 8-16 years....or if I return to the hanger, we have 2 more new aircraft coming on the production line...and that's another good 10 years of stable work...and as seen before...my knowledge and experiance has kept me in the company...but sadly...I might have to transfer out of the gerber room and the carbon fiber shop, and go back to the production hanger....because they got 8 new aircraft orders last monday...and that means I won't be on the internet all night in the nice climate controlled clean room i'm in now, but I have to go back out to the freezing/sweating hanger, and get dirty again.....but at a major payraise...hehe

So it's only a matter of time before I get a house...I was hopeing to move ASAP, but due to the wife haveing to go back to the hospital July 19, for her operations, it will be another few months that I have to live in this hell hole.....

Oh...the landlord cleaned the pool, and fresh water is going in...so this summer doesn't look to bad...plus this morning a $10 scratch ticket won me $195....hehe

Plus I have a strange feeling another JDM land shopping trip will be coming up very shortly... B)

Well, I'm glad to hear somethings are working out for ya... and I hope you find a good house to start some more projects... cuz god knows that you will.. have fun mang

-Aaron

Back