Thermal R&D

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrutalB83

Brutal Moderator
VIP
Anybody used their exhausts before? If so, thoughts?

I want a cat-back for for my RSX-S. Right now I'm mostly looking at the Greddy SP Elite (which replaced the SP2 I guess) and the Apex'i WS2. The Greddy is expensive though ($700 plus) and the WS2 is not fully stainless anymore, so I'm trying to explore what else is out there in terms of exhausts that aren't deafeningly loud (no N1 style please), are fully stainless, and will help a bit with low-end power...

i had a thermal catback on one of my old DAs, the fit and finish were amazing, one of the nicest looking exhausts ive seen. it was a little loud at WOT though. very quiet at idle, and although somewhat loud under power, it had a nice tone to it, no rasp. i didnt have a cat on there either, that may have been why it was loud at wot.

I'd love a WS2, but I'm just worried about it rotting. The muffler is stainless, but the piping isn't anymore (I think it used to be). Michigan winters are pretty damn harsh, and they salt the roads heavily here.

Does anybody know anything about how well this "titanium particle coating" holds up to the elements?

Back