Thermostat Housing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok i got a Honda Accord 95 with a F22 engine in it. I was removing the thermostat since it was in bad shape. caused my car to overheat. but also the o-ring on the thermostat housing need to be changed to but i cant seem to get it off...i took off the screws and it move but theres this metal pipe connected to it and it dont see any way of taking it off lol. So anybody got any idea how?

would but dont have a camera with me atm lol...let me see if i find something online

EDIT: Here i found a pic the pipe im talking about is that Connection Pipe. Any idea how to remove off the Thermostat housing?
Capture.jpg

Last edited:
hey my 87 crx is overheating what could be the problem it take like 20 min to overheat when im in a stop can someone help me out

The part you speak of is a PITA to remove because of the O-ring that practically seizes in there. You will have to take the 2 (10mm) bolts off the thermostat *D16a6 Reference* and wiggle the hell out of it and it will break loose, but be careful not to fling backward while removing it, although I have never yet been able to remove it without ending up pretty much on my a$$:).

hey my 87 crx is overheating what could be the problem it take like 20 min to overheat when im in a stop can someone help me out

please look at the dates of threads and consider posting a new one.

Check your heater hoses.

Back