thermostat housing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pugarex

Does any one here know if i need the connection that goes to what i believe is the thermostat housing on a Ls obd1? i swaped the b18a1 a 90 dx but the connections are diferent and the ls has 2 wire as for the dx has 3. do i need this connection?

Ls 2 wires:
1. Black
2. Yellow/Green

Dx 3 wire:
1. Yellow
2. Yellow/White
3. Green/White

any help is greatly apreciated.

Originally posted by pugarex@Sep 21 2005, 12:23 AM
Does any one here know if i need the connection that goes to what i believe is the thermostat housing on a Ls obd1? i swaped the b18a1 a 90 dx but the connections are diferent and the ls has 2 wire as for the dx has 3. do i need this connection?

Ls 2 wires:
1. Black
2. Yellow/Green

Dx 3 wire:
1. Yellow
2. Yellow/White
3. Green/White

any help is greatly apreciated.
[post=557557]Quoted post[/post]​

the connector at the thermostat housing on the OBD1 engines is the cooling fan switch - 2 wire connector with yellow/green and black wires - on OBD0 engine, the cooling fan switch is on the back of the block next to the oil filter - 2 wire connector with yellow/green and black wires, but not the same type of connector as on OBD1

the only 3 wire connector, that i am aware of, that has yellow, yellow/white and green/white wires is for the EGR valve lift sensor on the CRX HF or on auto transmission DX cars in Calif

My dx used to be auto and i also live in southern california (bakersfield). do i need these wires hooked up or do i just leave them alone? if i need them how do i connect the three wire to the two wire?
thanks..

Originally posted by pugarex@Sep 21 2005, 04:55 PM
My dx used to be auto and i also live in southern california (bakersfield). do i need these wires hooked up or do i just leave them alone? if i need them how do i connect the three wire to the two wire?
thanks..
[post=558002]Quoted post[/post]​

the wires are for 2 completely different sensors - if you don't have EGR valve on the B18, then you don't need the wires - you will need the 2 wire connector for the cooling fan switch

i have the two wire connector from the ls harnes, but i cant figure out how to wire it to the dx harness do i use the EGR wires for this or is there another way?

thanks.

Originally posted by pugarex@Sep 21 2005, 08:20 PM
i have the two wire connector from the ls harnes, but i cant figure out how to wire it to the dx harness do i use the EGR wires for this or is there another way?

thanks.
[post=558107]Quoted post[/post]​

your DX harness should have a 2 wire connector right by the oil filter with yellow/green and black wires - it is actually 2 wires that have a big rubber boot on them, not your typical connector - you need to extend these wires over to the thermostat housing and attach the LS connector to plug into the cooling fan switch sensor that is on the thermostat housing - the EGR wires are not needed

then i dont need the connection next to the oil filter right?
thanks

Back