thermostat???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90siTuner

b18a: 4-1 header-6puck clutch-messed up exhaust

car cools normally when idling( jus under half) and when driving mildly, but as soon as i get on it the temp. jumps up. (no leaks, fans work as far as i can tell when its parked)

so...... thermostat :ph34r:

Thermostat or maybe a clogged radiator.

Thermostat or maybe a clogged radiator.

3rd times a charm.

Yea I forgot to mention that...check out your radiator & have you flushed your coolant lately?

Quoted post[/post]]
3rd times a charm.

Yea I forgot to mention that...check out your radiator & have you flushed your coolant lately?

i jus put the motor back in with fresh fluid so the air pocket sounds most likely.
regardless im going to flush it again.

if its a clog is there a fast way to find out where it is or do i jus check the whole system top to bottom

thanks

EDIT:also i forgot to mention its usually cools down to normal quickly like less than a minute

IF you want to find out if your radiator is clogged, take it to a radiator shop and have them boil it and pressure test it for you. I don't know of any good way of checking it on your own. But check the thermostat first, that's way easier, or do them both at the same time, while the coolant is out of the car.

Quoted post[/post]]
IF you want to find out if your radiator is clogged, take it to a radiator shop and have them boil it and pressure test it for you. I don't know of any good way of checking it on your own. But check the thermostat first, that's way easier, or do them both at the same time, while the coolant is out of the car.
+1 About the only thing you can do to check and see if the radiator is flowing is by getting a temperature gun and checking to see what the temp is on different areas of the radiator and the hoses going in and out or the radiator.

freakin holy awesomeness sweet info from everybody the more i check it out the more im leaning towards clog but im def gonna go thru that list

Back