1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They're At It Again

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by lsvtec, Feb 10, 2003.

1. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

"Wow", is about all I can say. How far do they (the current administration) have to go before someone takes them to court for violating a citizen's constitutional rights?

Sorry about posting the entire article, but you have to register to see old articles.

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

There goes the 1st, 4th and a few other amendments. Hell we dont need a bill of rights :ph34r: :( they are out of line and going way too far.

3. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

I really only see a problem with the last one in the group. The fourth one will never go through, unless they somehow revise it - it's too vague.

Besides, it's just some sort of internal memo, I'm sure that at your typical office, plenty of emails go around talking about who gained weight over the past month, who's getting fired or other heresay or speculation. It's nothing to get upset about until it reaches some sort of official or more structured form.

4. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

Facism here we come....

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

6. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

California, Uber Alles... :)

There is a problem with every one of them.

So the police won't require a search warrant to keep tabs on you. Worked real well in the war on drugs.

Anything the police "dig up" (read plant) on you is now admissable in court. So much for due process.

You don't have to be convicted, only suspected of terrorism to be forced to give a DNA sample. It's like forcing someone to register as a sex offender even if they are aquitted. Sounds bogus to me.

So the government can do as they please and not be accountable to the public for anything. "They're getting rich by selling weapons to both countries..." can we say Iran Contra Scandal all over again.

Under our current definition of terrorism, Greenpeace is a terrorist organization. They have never committed a violent act in their history, but could be stripped of their Citizenship by simpling belonging to the organization.

I think all of these are horrible ideas. We don't want to become another police state, but that is where the party for a smaller government:)rolleyes:) is leading us.

7. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

you know I'm all for safety, but taking away civil liberties over this stuff won't fix anything. Were told to "go about your buisness as usual" to help fight terrorism, but now I have to worry about my son getting deported if congress decides the Boy Scouts are a terrorist group. I have always said to people who ask me how I feel about being in the military "I don't defend America, I defend liberty". And for me that's the way it is. If America became a place of oppresion tomarrow I would renounce it, America is just a name after all. It's Liberty that defines us as a people.

8. BallinPrelude

BallinPrelude Senior Member

Thats fucking bullshit. nuff said.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted