Things To Do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SleEPeR_CRX

HEy Guru's of honda. I know most but i always want to learn, hear are some question i have. I want to end up in the 13's ALL MOTOR. so far i have forced CAI, 2 1/4" exhaust and aftermarket clutch. running 195/50/15 T1-S's. I also want to keep the car a daily driver! and just for taking to the track on the weekend and slamming down some ricer's.

4-2-1 or 4-1 headers for an LS. i already know, 4-2-1 = torque and 4-1 = higher end. but with the LS i already have torque so should i go 4-1? or stick with high torque and go 4-2-1?and i know to get 2.5" collector.
#2 I know i want to get cams, and cam gears. Stage 1-2 only, i wana keep prices low, so no skunk2 or jun or anything like that. but on a budget what is the best cams? i was thinking unorthodox gears, and crower cams stage 2.
#3 Headwork?, what is the best thing to do?, port and polish stock b18a head, or buy a b18b head for like 300, and use that as my building block?
#4 Fuel rails? Edlebrock IM? Larger throttle body? Larger injectors? High compression Pistions?B16a Tranny?SAFC? what is worth it? is it worth it to get half that stuff without vtec, or without going full race?

Thanks all

by cam kit do you mean springs, retainers etc.... if so then yeah get em ... depending on the cams you will NEED that stuff anyway

you say you have the LS engine right? if so, put the B16 head on there :thumbsup: also, the 4-1 is designed to give you better times at the track, no matter what engine you are running. its designed for a higher peak horsepower than the 4-2-1. one more thing...get the VAFC. it will make a big difference when tuned properly (after you have done a fair amount of mods).

i dont want to do ls/vtec swap b/c i aint good at building engines and i dont trust any1 around here to do it 4 me. altho i'd love vtec i dont wanna chance it when doing my ls vtec b/c i dont have money to waist if i blow up my engine.

Back