think before you drive

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeeez! im surprised she wasnt killed instantly. that car had to be going around 100. it says that it hit one tree, sheared off the front end and engine, then it hit ANOTHER! how the hell did that guy live???

oh yeah...airbag. the airbag sure didnt help that poor girl. that side of the car is totally FUBAR.

He was dumb for going that fast, but I have done it racing and know when I can't control the speed anymore. What makes him a total dumbass, is the fact that he did it in the rain.

A man has got to know his limitations...obviously whoever was driving did not know or respect horsepower, speed, or the fact that they could not handle either one. RIP to her...

Originally posted by Fastciv@Nov 10 2003, 09:54 AM
A man has got to know his limitations...obviously whoever was driving did not know or respect horsepower, speed, or the fact that they could not handle either one. RIP to her...

That wasn't a "man" driving that car. It was a 17 year old kid. I've stayed with friends in Boca Raton. They live near a high school and when school lets out, tons of NICE cars are leaving that parking lot filled with kids. No way a kid should be driving a car like an RSX. They don't have the driving experience to handle a car that quick. In addition, they lack the judgment to ignore challenges. In those areas of Florida, there are traffic lights at every intersection, even in residential areas. So plenty of opportunity to practice drag style take-offs when the roads are empty. The pavement looks wet too.

Those are sturdy trees. My one accident was freshman year in college. I hit a patch of black ice while turning onto Rte. 2 in Concord at 8:30am. I couldn't have been doing more than 20-30 mph when I spun out and hit a telephone pole with my right fender. The telphone pole snapped in two. Hmmm... maybe if given a choice of objects to hit, go for a telephone pole over a tree trunk of similar girth.

Well... stupid kid and his stupid parents. What a waste of a nice car. And everyone drive carefully. :(

:(

some people will never learn ... there is a time and place

In the last month, it seems like there is 1 or 2 horrific car accidents a week involved kids. Underage and DUI, a possible sorority initiation in an SUV, all extremely stupid shit and unnecessary shit too. Unexpected stuff happens too, no need to increase the odds for disaster. Another board I am on would callously say that this is all just Darwinism in action... :(

no Darwinism would have killed the asshat behind the wheel not the innocent (ignorant) passenger

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 10 2003, 01:58 PM
no Darwinism would have killed the asshat behind the wheel not the innocent (ignorant) passenger

Ummm no. Darwinism includes the poor choice for a mate (her bf?). She may not have been driving, but she still was stupid for having him as a friend and accepting a ride from him. She isn't 100% innocent in all of this.

hence the reason i added "(ignorant)"

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 10 2003, 01:58 PM

Innocence and ignorance are completely separate issues. As to her ignorance, I would think that she knew this guy well enough to be familar with his flashy sportscar and his style of driving. She lacked the commonsense to NOT be a passenger in his car. Therefore, a victim of Darwinism. As to her innocense, she became a passenger willing. Therefore, she gets some of the blame for her death. As do both their parents. Those kids there are so spoiled and these days, most parents don't spend the time to really know what their kids are up to or what their friends are really like.

If I've labeled some stupid in this post, it is not that they are/were actually mentally retarded. What irks me, is the people who who have a functioning brain, but are too lazy to use it. Is it because of the popularity of the JackAss movies, that it is uncool to THINK these days????

If i get the itch to do stupid shit like that I'm by myself in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't live with myself knowing my being cocky killed someone. :(

Back