Think your land is yours?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jesus fucking christ...........thats the most obsurd thing i have ever heard.......

"Hi Mr johnson, we are here to invoke the 5th ammendment by taking down your hosue that you have lived in for 25 years and worked hard to keep, to put in a day spa, so married rich corporate asshats can get blows jobs from chinese immagrants....thanks please drive through"

holy fuck
that shit isnt cool at all

Scalia dissented? That's amazing. However O'Connor, Rehnquist and Thomas seem to be peas in a pod on a number of issues.

I'll agree, this ruling is bad.

When I read it I was utterly aghast to think that the Supreme Court would be under the impression that local officials would know more about how to effectively utilizy MY land than I would. Hello! I think I'm doing a damned good job of utilizing MY FUCKING LAND by FUCKING LIVING ON IT.

As an aside, how can they get away with giving so much power to the local officials? I for one wouldn't trust any of MY local officials to even play with BLUNT objects, much less decide the fate of my family and property! There are two varieties of local officials: Those that genuinely care about the community, and the idiots who can't climb the political ladder any higher due to complete ineptitude. Most fall into the latter.

Wow, that turned out longer than I thought.

<_< thats fucked up and a half....i wouldnt stand for someone taking MY house and My land forcing ME to move just because they wanted another dunkin doughnuts....

fuck that

eminent domain-- to a new level.

fuck it. usually they pay WAY above market value for your place.

i'd take it, and buy a better house down the street.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 23 2005, 12:16 PM
eminent domain-- to a new level.

fuck it. usually they pay WAY above market value for your place.

i'd take it, and buy a better house down the street.
[post=515642]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: that's what I was thinking...yeah, it sucks, but if they're paying you enough to buy another house somewhere else, might as well deal with it. At least they aren't taking your land and not giving you ANYTHING.

my rents were forced out of their old house to make way for a hwy
they said they would either pay to move the house and the land allowance of 150k or write them a check for 450k - they took 450k !

my college has been doing it for years. they keep taking over property just beyond the edge of their campus and then go after the house just beyond that. the town has been letting them do it. just recently they aquired property on both sides of a fraternity house and now are taking it over. not to mention the fact that this house is a 150 year old legidimate(sp) historical site, but their knocking it down to expand a PARKING LOT.

Connecticut. Hah.

Isn't the 5th amendment the one that indemnifies you from answering questions that may or may not indict you from something else ? I'll have to pull out the Constitution Version 1 and check it out.

-> Steve

Constitution Beta version - Get it now before you need to pay for the full, new version.

Well, if things keep getting out of hand you know what we HAVE to do , according to our founding principles....

.... Explode that fuckin spa.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Blanco@Jun 23 2005, 06:01 PM
It's an American tradition to steal land from hard working people for your own greedy little benifit. See: Native American.

I R teh lubx0rz U.S.A..
[post=515785]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 23 2005, 06:12 PM
I know that. But now it will be easier than ever to do with the Supreme Court ENDORSING it.
[post=515792]Quoted post[/post]​

Relative term.

It has to be supported and warranted. The local government has to be able to provide research in the form of statistics to prove that such action is warranted. The federal government isn't going to just up and throw everyone off of their land, what good would that do the government? Such a small percentage of Americans will ever have to see what this process looks like up close that it really shouldn't be of much concern to anyone. The government could always have taken your land just for different reasons and they don't seem to abuse that 'privelege'.

It may be 'easier' but it won't become commonplace, especially with the government paying more than fair market value for the homes/land they acquire.

ya i listened to this on the radio at work. if lets say i decided i can create more tax revenue out of your property then you are, like turning it into a starbucks, and i can convince enough government people or whatever, then youre fucked, they will give you what they think your shit is worth and give you the boot. however i would give you an employee discount on any mocha frappuccino...

Back