thinkin about some seats....

hot or not

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
The heavily padded TRS provides extreme comfort and support for drivers of all kinds. Standard features include: high-density injection molded foam, ergonomical design, harness belt capability, integrated shoulder, kidney and thigh support, and a fully adjustable seat back with a flip forward fingertip controlled lever for rear access. Corbeau is excited to release the TRS in an all-new 100% Black Leather option. The leather TRS will be readily available at a never before seen price. The TRS is extra aggressive in the shoulder area will fit up to a 36" waist. The W-I-D-E version (BLACK ONLY) will fit up to 42" waist.

brackets: DEL SOL 93-97 D1114T D1115T $78 each

TRS_black_cloth.jpg

and they have a wide version for my fat ass =)

TRS_widedim.gif

List Price: $320 per seat.

78x2 + 320x2 = 640 + 156 = about 800 bucks :unsure:

800 bucks.... i dunno if i want to spend that much...

mroe over, im worried about head clearance.
with a helmet, and the stock del sol seat, my head just glazes the ceiling. i usually lounge it one notch back when i have the helmet on to compensate. they don't look that "tall" but im wondering if the sliders will raise me much

C-bracket.jpg

they don't look too much taller than the stock rails of a del sol... if not the exact same, so i dunno....

thoughts?

ok B you know i love corbeau seats ..... but for the sol i would have to vote :no:
i havent experienced those exact models in a del sol .... but i sat in that red sol at the dyno day we went to ... he had some CR1s in there... the CR1s sit you about an inch or so higher than the stock sol seats
i would immagine these would be about the same
so im thinking clearance will be an issue.... unless you can figure a way to get them in lower (maybe without the sliders???? )

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 28 2004, 10:55 AM
and they have a wide version for my fat ass =)

screw that, get this and it will make you shead pounds real quick.

mm1054.gif

That seat is so bad ass. My freind has it in his track R, gives you a great driving position.

my helmet grazes the ceiling on my car also, only when i'm leaning and looking left though. are you not happy with the sol seats? i think they work rather nice on the track.

Originally posted by B16@Jan 28 2004, 11:52 AM
my helmet grazes the ceiling on my car also, only when i'm leaning and looking left though. are you not happy with the sol seats? i think they work rather nice on the track.

Yea, I am not even that tall, and my helment just clears. I would have to run always with the top off if I got other seats.

I like those seats. Im actually thinkin about getting me a set when i get my ZC swap done. If you do get them id like to know how the support is. But whatever works for you. You all have a great day.

Jeramy

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 28 2004, 11:12 AM
these will be in my sol soon :)

kirkeyirrf.jpg
kirkeyirrb.jpg

you've been talking about those seats for the past 6 months or more, are you actually gunna get them sometime soon? :D

they had a great write-up on seats in Sport Compact Car magazine a few months back. They covered the different waist sizes and all that and told you how the seat feels for each different size drivers. They also included TUV and FIA homologation for the seats.

That would be a good place to look for seats and reviews.

I like those, but then again, I have a Civic, and can utilize the recline feature. If I were you I'd look to, like some of those posted, just a non adjustable bucket racing seat.

I like almost all racing seats. The ones I dont like are the 3X Racing seat covers that autozone sells :lol:

I like the idea of the extra padding. :thumbsup:

B, I hope you realize that when you get those seats, you can no longer date fat chicks because they won't fit. :thumbsdown:

B- I have those EXACT seats in my Civic, and I LOVE them. They're not too expensive, and they're very high quality. My roommate bought a set for his STi because the stock seats are made for someone with a 40 inch waist, and he LOVES his TRS seats also.

You won't be disappointed with a set of TRS seats, and reclining is still useful when you want to adjust your angle for best comfort, and still want to get to the storage area behind your seats...

Originally posted by Jeef@Jan 28 2004, 06:20 PM
B get the car running before you get new seats for it.

haha :lol:

that's exactly what i was going to post. get the )(*#$#@ing car running first.

If he gets them now, atleast he has soemthing comfortable to sit in whiel he scratches his ass and stares at the del slow.

:lmao:

We had some fun sitting in the black TRSs in the living room for the last 6 months until Corbeau finally got my roommate brackets that fit... long story short, SoloRacer.com fucked up and sent him a bad batch of brackets. He called Corbeau to have new ones fabbed, shipped things back and forth about 4 times, then Corbeau sent him brackets for a 2003 WRX and everything bolted up just fine.

Now we be comfy in the STi and not sliding all over the seat... :lol:

Originally posted by B16@Jan 28 2004, 10:52 AM

hate 'em. I don't know why everyone thinks they are the shit. I flop around like a $2 whore in them. I think i had more lateral support from bill's CX hatch seat.

That said, they are comfortable. They just don't hold me at all. I'm tired of bracing myself with my legs- instead of using my legs to drive.

I like those, but then again, I have a Civic, and can utilize the recline feature. If I were you I'd look to, like some of those posted, just a non adjustable bucket racing seat.

I want a street seat, that still reclines, and can be comfortable... but at the same time, will hold me better. I will never want a non-adjustable seat... especially for the clearence reasons i spoke of before. If I can't lounge it back a notch, that will suck.

B, I hope you realize that when you get those seats, you can no longer date fat chicks because they won't fit.

you don't know me very well....

My roommate bought a set for his STi because the stock seats are made for someone with a 40 inch waist, and he LOVES his TRS seats also.

ok, im still debating. they say up to 36 for the regular one, and up to 42 for the wide one.
im a 38... but i CAN wear a 36 pant... they are just tight, so i don't wear that ass-hugging shit :) but at the same time, i have pretty broad shoulders...
i dunno.

i may just give recaro a call.... and see if they can make me a 38" SRD :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 29 2004, 12:57 AM
ok, im still debating. they say up to 36 for the regular one, and up to 42 for the wide one.
im a 38... but i CAN wear a 36 pant... they are just tight, so i don't wear that ass-hugging shit :) but at the same time, i have pretty broad shoulders...
i dunno.

i may just give recaro a call.... and see if they can make me a 38" SRD :)

B, I think you'll be ok in the 36 seats. If anything, it'll convince you to lose an inch or two. The snug feeling is actually pretty nice in those seats.

Back