Thinking about a Jetta

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Damn, everyones bashing VW, they arent bad cars, but Id never drive any of em but the one I have. The VR6 is a good motor but I believe that year is when they still had the inefficient 2valve per cylinder head. And some random shit does break in my car and others and I do have to agree w/ redsigal on getting a GSR. And yes they are a bitch to work on, ugg... getting my oil filter off was a bitch. If you wanna know problems I have just ask. If you want something really sporty from the factory then I wouldnt go w/ VW either. vwvortex.com is an excellent source of information too. Definitely check that out.

buddy of mine has a 337, fun nifty little car.

VWvortex is an excellent source for information, been thier, read posts, definetly good.

My mom's 99.5 jetta was a pos. We had to get rid of it at 40k miles, due to being tired of dealing with the problems of the 2.0 liter. My mom then bought a passat with the vr6. Its a pretty good engine.

i'd definately go with a GSR, but i have to have a 4dr. (btw, i'm sick of explaining why, i just need a 4dr)
on ebay there usually is one 4dr gsr for sale at a time, and most are riced out. i want it fairly stock. and i don't want to have it shipped. i need to drive a car before i buy it.
so finding a gsr in MT is going to be hard. nothing yet in the 4 months i've been watching the car lots. just two 4dr 5 speed integras and 3 2dr gsr's.

test drove the car today. it %$@#*ing rocks. very quick, mint condition, and below book price.
i put my mustang in the newspaper classifieds today and it'll run for 17 days. hopefully that'll sell it. then if the vw hasn't sold, i'm picking that up.
woo w00000

gonna test drive a 97 Civic EX 4dr 5 speed tomorrow or sometime early next week. it's only at $7200 with 79k miles. seems like a good deal. need to get some pictures tonight and run the VIN.

Back