Thinking about a new Car.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brc80

Im thinking about getting a new car $25,000 and under. (Yes Mike i know, "Get an EVO")

But what i seem to be drawn to is the 2006 Golf GTI

Link 1

Link 2

200hp
206 lb ft of torque

In a clean looking car, for the price it looks like a winner to me.

Thoughts?

i don't really like it. i prefer the older gti's. there's a couple yellow ones at school, i'm not sure of the years (probably 2003 or so) that i like. i'd go for one of those. but that's just me.

At first i didnt like it eather, but if you look at it from the side, you can see some eg hatch in it.

Plus ill take 200 hp all day long.

Seriously, I go to Mexico alot, Puebla actually which is down near Mexico City. Anyway, I've seen a few of thos Leon Cupra R's down there, awesome cars(and made by volkswagen). Anyway, you could buy one in Monterrey which is close to Texas I think, and drive it home :)

I really dislike the new body style. I could live with it as the driver since the power is decent. However, in the interior is fulgy. My vote is WRX or spend a bit more and STI or EVO.

Whats the new GTI weigh? those things get fatter quicker than a college freshman yo

(2003 weighed over 3 grand)

i dislike all vdubs, so im a little biased. but anyway, i say try and find a used s2000. 240>200 and rwd>fwd. and you could pick one up for about the same.

I like it but then again I'm biased. It has shown to be better than the MkIV's in every aspect. that motor could easily make a lot more power once the tuners start working with the ECU. I say if you like it go for it, I cant think of anything better in that price range thats FWD.... but I personally would look into AWD cars. Never again FWD for me.

i think it looks like the 03 civix si, with different headlights and bumper..

Audi is the only Euro car that hasn't disgusted me with their new line up, well, and Mercedes. I severely dislike the new bimmers and VWs, they are ugly. Stay with something a little earlier and you'd be better off, looks anyway.

The Seat Cupra R is garbage. Handles decent in the turns, but on a straight it is poo.

Get the EVO or a S2000, you'll be happier than with either of the previous two.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 24 2005, 07:21 AM
Get the EVO or a S2000, you'll be happier than with either of the previous two.
[post=490761]Quoted post[/post]​

Title: Thinking about a new Car.

First post: $25,000 or under.

Don't think the EVO or S2k fall in that category.

Get an SRT4 :ph34r:

Well new as in 2005/6, or new as in say 2003 new to him? You can find a S2Ks, for under $25,000. I've never understood why someone would want to get a brand new base model, as opposed to a loaded model a year or two older.

I'm not even going to talk about the 3 SRT4s here that took shits.

Back