thinking about a new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
so i drove a bmw 330ci at work the other night, and i loved it. looked on autotrader and i found a few for under 10k. does this sound right? other places i see them for 20k+. just getting another opinion on it.

most likely selling the integra, just not sure if im getting a BMW or another Honda.

Nice car, But is it more of a theft magnet in your area ? Is it auto ? is it a NYC car ? All of those would make me shy from it.

i was looking at this one 330Ci
i live in the suburbs, not too many stolen cars. 6spd. this particular one would be a cali car, but im just looking for something like it. but does that price seem right at all?

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Aug 14 2005, 08:52 PM
i was looking at this one 330Ci
i live in the suburbs, not too many stolen cars. 6spd. this particular one would be a cali car, but im just looking for something like it. but does that price seem right at all?
[post=540028]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe if you do crack.

Blue book the car.

KBB.com, edmunds.com, napa.com

I'll check in a second on the book but the car should be about $18000. Let me check

Whoops sorry, I was being modest and undershot it by a long shot.

http://kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ur?kbb.NJ;4...ries&4;BM;AD&&&

$28,000 for private party in good condition.

You can't possibly think that you can pick up a 2002 3 series BMW that was just bought for 40,000, 3 years later for like a 1/4th of the price. BMW's hold value extremely well.

that wasnt the only one listed for around that price though. im curious to see why they are so cheap. that particular one had no claims if you do the history check, but that doesnt mean shit. it just means no report was filed. but i think even a 330 that had been totaled and rebuild without vehicle history knowledge of it, would go for more than that.

Hmmm...somethin ain't right.

Go look at the car. If everything's legit, get that fucker even if you don't want it, and sell it for what it's worth.

Originally posted by civicious@Aug 15 2005, 12:23 AM
Hmmm...somethin ain't right.

Go look at the car. If everything's legit, get that fucker even if you don't want it, and sell it for what it's worth.
[post=540101]Quoted post[/post]​

Guarantee its a scam ad.

...and how is the blue book not the one you posted?

You posted a 330CCi that was listed as a 330Ci. There's no such thing as a convertible 330Ci. When BMW makes a convertible for any model they put a C at the end of the code, to denote convertible.

Yeah something is wrong with that ad. You know the saying, if it sounds too good to be true......

If you are looking for a car like that I would suggest the Mercedes C230. My gf and I just picked this 2002 with 55k miles up in Chicago for 15k (plus tax title etc..).

00Benz.jpg

000Benz.jpg

It has a supercharged 4 cylinder rated at ~200hp. Accelerates nicely. Not a killer off the line but was able to take my SHO in 4th gear on the interstate but was beat by about two car lengths by a Z28. Not bad. This one had leather interior (the cloth is absolutely disgusting) and it has a factory system that sounds, honestly, pretty damn good. I would say it sounds about the same as having 1 12' sub in your car. Lets see, standard it has 6 airbags I believe.... um you can get it in a 6 speed. The coolest thing though is the panoramic sunroof. Very cool. I know it's the entry level Benz, but you still get to tell people you drive a Mercedes and you don't have to mention that you got it for less than a new Grand AM (at least what we paid for our 2000 grand am, which is now my delivery car) So anyway, just an idea for a damn nice, cheap luxury car that will definitely get ya looks.

Never get Mercedez, unless you have a good warranty, or you can afford the maintenance. People buy those cars left and right for the name, not the quality. Trust me I am good friends with a parts dealer for Mercedez, and she makes bank from selling replacement parts. She wouldn't even buy one ;)

Originally posted by driverunknown@Aug 15 2005, 11:13 PM
Never get Mercedez, unless you have a good warranty, or you can afford the maintenance. People buy those cars left and right for the name, not the quality. Trust me I am good friends with a parts dealer for Mercedez, and she makes bank from selling replacement parts. She wouldn't even buy one ;)
[post=540595]Quoted post[/post]​

Uh, same goes for every luxury brand.

Lexus had the highest rate of repairs on new cars, when rated by consumer guide in the other year's, yearly edition.

not really into m-benzs. i use to be a valet so i basically got to test drive everything. love bmws, m-benzs are decent, jags suck unless its the xk8, and so on. i have opinions about them all now.

You and that other kid, what the hell is up with Valet people? Car people should instantly be disqualified from being a valet. I'd be deckin fools if I found out some punk valet driver "test drove" my car.

the only good benz's are the 80k and up ones... the rest are crap accords w/ leather

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 16 2005, 03:30 PM
You and that other kid, what the hell is up with Valet people? Car people should instantly be disqualified from being a valet. I'd be deckin fools if I found out some punk valet driver "test drove" my car.
[post=540776]Quoted post[/post]​

over the whole summer i only beat on a 5-series, 300c, subaru legacy gt, and a old carrera. ussually i just drive them enough to know how they accelarate handle and whatever.

car people not be valets? you wouldnt have valets then, all the people i work with are car guys. 2 have civics with b16s, one was in the process of buying an m3 (parents money), i have the integra, another is amazed with jettas, so on and so forth. even the chicks i work with love cars.

I don't care if you only took it one extra time around the parking lot! Your job is to get in the car, drive it to the designated area, and park it.

If I found out that my $50,000+ car was beaten on, or even "test driven" by a valet, the people who matter would definitely know about it.

Call me a bastard all you want, that's just how it is.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 17 2005, 04:01 PM
I don't care if you only took it one extra time around the parking lot! Your job is to get in the car, drive it to the designated area, and park it.

If I found out that my $50,000+ car was beaten on, or even "test driven" by a valet, the people who matter would definitely know about it.

Call me a bastard all you want, that's just how it is.
[post=541360]Quoted post[/post]​

im with you on this one, just like the SiLude thing. Beat on your own car, or go test drive a car from a dealer if you want to beat on it. dont go around beating on another persons car while they are paying you to just park it.

The funny thing is, the only cars they ever talk about "test driving" are ones that they couldn't realistically afford. It just amazes me. If I wanted my brand new M3 or M5 put through its' paces, I'd fucking do it myself, not let some punk valet who doesn't give a shit do it for me.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 17 2005, 04:55 PM
The funny thing is, the only cars they ever talk about "test driving" are ones that they couldn't realistically afford. It just amazes me. If I wanted my brand new M3 or M5 put through its' paces, I'd fucking do it myself, not let some punk valet who doesn't give a shit do it for me.
[post=541393]Quoted post[/post]​

you miss understood my meaning of test drive. in parking them i get to feel how they handle the everyday passes and whatever. my opinions are based on how i would like the cars as a daily. i could be uncomfortable in certain cars if i was just driving them once in awhile. but my favorites are the ones that handle daily driving like a champ.

never parked an m5, and never beat on an m3. when i parked a ferrari, i moved it a few feet out of the way in the fire lane. ill beat on your car if you treat me like im not a person.

the guy in the 5-series was pissed about something else and made me feel like shit.

the 300c guy came outside over to me and said " could i get my car? or are you too busy sitting on your ass?".

the subaru dude called me a worthless piece of shit because i didnt have the number for the local taxi service

and the carrera guy pulled up like he was driving a brand new 911 turbo and kept coming out to look and make sure i wasnt joyriding. i wouldnt have, his carrera sucked; the e-brake didnt work, clutch needed to be replaced, it was grinding into first, and wouldnt idle right.

there was one cool guy that pulled up in an m3 and told my friend ed that he had to take it out. he said he didnt want it in a spot. then he tipped him real nice too.

so, who fuckin cares if the guys are dicks to you. at my job im get called names and get shit all the time... you dont see me doing anything to their account or bets. sure cars arent the same as someones bets, but it doenst matter, thats just poor character. take it like a man and dont worry about it.

i dont care if people are rude or drunk or whatever. but acting like your better than me because i work there pisses me off. im not a valet anymore so i dont care. good money but not consistently and i lost my weekends.

Back