thinking about a PSP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wow lots of great input!! is there any way of hooking up external devices such as a memory stick or my digital camera??

Its got a USB port on the top of it so you can hook it up to a PC.

Not to thread jack, but can anyone reccomend a guide for how to hack a PSP. Google brought up a few, but they all seemed different.

Its got a USB port on the top of it so you can hook it up to a PC.

Not to thread jack, but can anyone reccomend a guide for how to hack a PSP. Google brought up a few, but they all seemed different.

Pandora's Battery. You'll either need to find somebody with a custom firmware PSP to build the battery OR you need to buy a kit from eBay. This is the surefire way to do it. It will even fix bricked PSPs.

Truth. Its only if the person has a older model (fat)or a non ta-082 that you can perform the mod. Simple as hell. If not, find a cheapy old oem battery and just hard mod it and then you can unlock the PSP. Once done, you can run homebrew and "other games."

But on the real, the DS has better games even though you need hardware to unlock it. The only game i desperately want to play on the psp is vagrant story and thats about it.

What are these homebrew and other games, and how do you get them?

What are these homebrew and other games, and how do you get them?

Homebrew is noncommercial software. Emulators are a good example.

Nesterj: a damn good NES emulator - MAXCONSOLE - Playstation Portable - NesterJ PSP v1.20 released - NES emulator for PSP

PSPGenesis: name says everything - http://files.psp-homebrew.eu/PSPGenesis-v1.18c.zip

Okay, "other programs"

UMDDumper: Rips a UMD. With the m33 firmware installed, you can throw the image this thing makes into a directory labeled "ISO" on your memcard and play the game straight from the card. Also good for ISO archiving.

Popsloader is a set of programs that will let you rip a PSOne disc to a playable PSP game image. Because of what needs to be found and done, I'll let you do the walking :ph34r:

wow lots of great input!! is there any way of hooking up external devices such as a memory stick or my digital camera??
memory stick for the psp is a "pro duo" they are expensive compaired to other types, but ebay is your friend in this matter. Yes, I believe you can hook up your digital camera so long as you have the right cable. The PSP will hold songs, pictures and videos.

Homebrew is noncommercial software. Emulators are a good example.

Nesterj: a damn good NES emulator - MAXCONSOLE - Playstation Portable - NesterJ PSP v1.20 released - NES emulator for PSP

PSPGenesis: name says everything - http://files.psp-homebrew.eu/PSPGenesis-v1.18c.zip

Okay, "other programs"

UMDDumper: Rips a UMD. With the m33 firmware installed, you can throw the image this thing makes into a directory labeled "ISO" on your memcard and play the game straight from the card. Also good for ISO archiving.

Popsloader is a set of programs that will let you rip a PSOne disc to a playable PSP game image. Because of what needs to be found and done, I'll let you do the walking :ph34r:

Lol, sweet deal. Thanks for the info and the links.

[/threadjack]

Back