thinking about a RSX...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FLounder

power hungry
VIP
so we are shopping for a new car for my fiancee and she really likes RSXs. found a 03 with 80k on it, and its a 5 speed like she wants. the car is really mint and nice on the inside, has new tires, the body is straight, very minimal scratches. i talked the lady down to $7k for it, which sounds like a pretty good deal but....

it needs a new back bumper due to a 6 inch dent that has messed up the plastic pretty good, the passenger mirror is broken off, and one headlight is faded pretty bad. also the map light is broken. what do you guys think is it still a good deal?

i can get a bumper for $100 and a mirror for $50 locally from this guy that does salvage honda parts, and then i would have to have them painted.

Mint condition with a straight body but smashed and broken and needs body work? You have "car buyer's fever".

See it for what it is. A used car that needs repairs. However, KBB private party value is $8,900 for a "fair condition" rsx type s. Minty fresh would run you $10,450. If you can buy it, buy the parts, and have them painted to match for under $8,900 I'd call it a great deal.

But only if its blue. Blue RSXs are sexah!

haha car buyer fever :p

more specifically i should say, the interior is mint except for a broken map light. the exterior has minimal scratches, no door dings, but does have a large dent in bumper and broken side mirror.

it is not a type s by the way... but it does have the 17" wheels, sunroof, spoiler, and appears to be loaded.

The Type S is a very decent one, though for the wife. The basic isnt bad either. A RSX for under the blue book value is always a nice deal considering all the work that needs to be done. I say go for it. Unless you find another one in better condition and close to the same price.

The RSX-S is a heavy, sluggish car. I've never driven a base RSX, but it can't be any better.

Says the guy who test drives an s2000 a dog and then buys a shitty running crx dx. :shrug2: Do whatever you want to do, its your car.

Mint condition with a straight body but smashed and broken and needs body work? You have "car buyer's fever".

See it for what it is. A used car that needs repairs. However, KBB private party value is $8,900 for a "fair condition" rsx type s. Minty fresh would run you $10,450. If you can buy it, buy the parts, and have them painted to match for under $8,900 I'd call it a great deal.

But only if its blue. Blue RSXs are sexah!

:werd: specially on the blue part.

we are getting the RSX.... the lady is desperate to sell and we are getting it for her payoff which is a little less than $7k so im happy. its silver which is a good color for hot ass florida, and doesnt show dirt from the daily rain puddles. ill take some pictures sometime in the next few days.

The RSX-S is a heavy, sluggish car. I've never driven a base RSX, but it can't be any better.:shrug2:

yeah the base RSX is not fast or anything, but it will be a good car for my girl. its faster than the golf she has now and shes happy with that. it will probably be getting a few minor mods however :D

Last edited:
no the interior looks really nice actually its black cloth

pics!
rsx007.jpg

rsx006.jpg

rsx005.jpg

rsx004.jpg

rsx003.jpg

rsx002.jpg

its not my license plate on there so no worries... and a new back bumper is coming soon,

Back