Thinking about buying a 97 civic cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spydy43

This guy near were I live is selling a 97 civic cx. It has a b18c5 swap around 60,000 mi estimate (has new timing belt, water pump), I/H/E, nuespeed springs, koni adjustable shocks, gsr interior... and a whole lot more. The exterior is clean and near stock other than the rota wheels that he has on it. He is asking for $9000 obo, what should would be a good counter price to start with?

kbb.com says in excellent condition its worth $4,630 and in good condition its worth $4,205 and thats with putting in the 60,000 miles on the motor you mentioned and premium wheels. a bank would PROBABLY finance those prices and NOT the $9,000 the owner is asking for it. the bank would basically laugh at you for wanting to finance you that much for an almost 10 year old Honda Civic. id pay the excellent condition value and no more.

I wouldn't do blueboook value either, because I mean it's a freaking type R. I don't care what anybody says, you cannot put that car together for a measly 4630.00 U.S. Or Canadian. Not with that suspension work or whatnot. The best thing to do is to price it out as if you were going to build a car like that and take off money here and there, since he has obviously used it. Also having ac is a big plus, but that's only for me since I live in the desert. I've payed well over 8 grand on my 93 coupe, and it has a stock b16, kyb agx struts, rear disc swap, poly bushings all the way around, lsd, lightweight flywheel, and rotas. I would refuse to let it go for 4630. Fuck that, I don't care how much blue book says. I obviously wouldn't sell it for no 8k, but 4630 would be laughable.

A personal loan would be the best way to go since something that old is hard to finance, but be aware that you will pay a interest rate.

Thanks for the input, but does anyone have any ideas on what they would sell or buy a car like this for?

its a buyers market.

that car will sell for under 5 grand....

my hatch went for 4k with tein ha coilovers, jdm gsr, willwood 4-piston brake set up... rsr ehxaust, etc etc...

cars tend to come in a few grand over blue book
its gotta be something REALLY special to get way over blue book

thats why most people end up parting their cars...
its just not worth it to sell it whole when you can get blue book with a stock motor back in it, then sell the swap seperate...

type R swaps run over 4K easy, if its a real deal type r anyway

red valve cover doesn't always mean type r just so you know...

Back