Thinking about buying a GTI...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Sep 20 2004, 11:32 AM
On top of that, I think I would just go with a wrx for that price...actually cheaper for a regular wrx. or since we're talking 32 grand here, why not just spring for a little more and get a evo8 or sti................

wishful thinking.
[post=392557]Quoted post[/post]​

This is some pretty good advice, but unfortunately, you won't find any used WRX's for $10k. You'll be lucky to find one for $15k. If you do, it'll have around 50-60k miles on it, but that doesn't matter to most people. It's around $24k or so for a new WRX.

And yeah, for $32k, you had better damn well be looking for EVO's or STi's. :D

its a VW, c'mon man! your gonna pay mucho $$$$ to make it fast and run with no problems

their was a gti at my local street races and it was geting walked on by an 00 Si with I/H/E and a cam. i guess its all about what you want, if you want something to compete dont get it, if you want something quick and new, i say go for it.

the best year is 2001, thats when they started using the k03 but didnt change the ecu to take advantage of it like they did in 02. APR has a very good reputation among the VW community so i dont know why anyone would call it crap, but those chips arent supposed to be running 20 psi. I spend a lot of time on vwvortex.

I have a 00 GTI, got it about a year ago, ask me whatever questions you got.

Yeah, scratch that. My insurance company ran a random dmv report on me the other day. 3 tickets and a minor accident (less than 5 mph.) They are trying to charge me $1600 every 6 months. For liability.

Yeah, so full coverage on the GTI will be outrageous. Can't afford it. Looks like I'm gonna have to get a honda product to go decently fast or look decent. Oh well...FS section here I come!

Back