thinking about ditching honda again.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Once again kicking area the idea of replacing the TL, i really like the TL but its getting older and getting a bit high on the miles.

Only problem....

I can't come up with any cars to replace it I really like.

I was really diggin the benz C350 but the friggin thing doesn't come with a manual.

IS350 is another car I like, its a little too common on the roads around here but again... no friggin manual.

Audi A4... been there done that. A5 would be nice but they're high on demand and next to no room for moving the price down.

BMW 3 series, over all I like the car 335 coupe wouldnt be a bad choice but they are a bit high on price right now, however it DOES come with a manual, OMG!!!!!

G37 coupe? do yet another 2 seater sports car? hmmmmm

What else am I missing?

What I want, something no more then 2-3 years old, trying to keep the price under 40, looking for something loaded with features from heated/cooled leather seats, nav, and power everything. I am NOT a fan of auto trans.

what would you guys look into?

Once again kicking area the idea of replacing the TL, i really like the TL but its getting older and getting a bit high on the miles.

Only problem....

I can't come up with any cars to replace it I really like.

I was really diggin the benz C350 but the friggin thing doesn't come with a manual.

IS350 is another car I like, its a little too common on the roads around here but again... no friggin manual.

Audi A4... been there done that. A5 would be nice but they're high on demand and next to no room for moving the price down.

BMW 3 series, over all I like the car 335 coupe wouldnt be a bad choice but they are a bit high on price right now, however it DOES come with a manual, OMG!!!!!

G37 coupe? do yet another 2 seater sports car? hmmmmm

What else am I missing?

What I want, something no more then 2-3 years old, trying to keep the price under 40, looking for something loaded with features from heated/cooled leather seats, nav, and power everything. I am NOT a fan of auto trans.

what would you guys look into?
I dig the 1series, but that might be too small for what your looking for. buying new or used?

most likely used, I paid about 16K less then what the person before me paid for my TL with it being only 2 years old.

I do like the 1 series but for the price that 1 series are going for I'd rather have a 3 series.

G Sedan is looking pretty good.

S2000? fuck no. Already have a 2 seater that has torque, why would I want a 2 seater that has next to no torque and pretty low power.

I do like the S2000 but I'd only own one if it was turboed, hard topped, and done up, stock.... as a daily driver? I'd take my TL over it anyday.

I like the Lexus, but fuck AT. Love audi, but I'll stick with the a 90, but then again i've never been in an A4 or up. I like the sport of the 90s. Infinity really seems to be making quite the commotion. They're bringing some good looking cars to the game.

You're going to have a very hard time finding anything Luxory, newer and manual transmission. Nothing comes in a manual anymore..unless is a sport coupe.

You tried the A4...but have you tried to S4? You can Easily find a low mileage 2005/2006 S4 6Spd for under 40k. 340hp. awd, luxory 4 doors....

Manual trannys are becoming a thing of the past..it sucks but its been that way for awhile with the newer technologies of auto trannies and paddle shifters..

you have a fun and easy car already.

get an suv. look into the lexus rx350.

it's nice to just have an automatic and just chill. we have the G37 and it's great. but when we need to go to the store or haul family members it's great.

I don't like the 4 door G37. they give us them as a loaner car. the tranny feels "loose". you can't parallel park on a hill because it will roll back 2 feet before the tranny engages you to pull forward.

also, it shifts like shit. probably the lurchiest car i've driven.

i suppose if you get the manual, it will alleviate that problem though.

get an suv. look into the lexus rx350.

The rx350 is the most uncomfortable, non-ergonomical, over rated car on the road.

I drove one of those, and then drove back to back a new MDX. I don't know why people own so many of those. It was honestly night and day. Didn't hold a candle to the MDX and was more expensive.

i guess i'll have to look into an mdx.

A5, my personal choice, way more classy than the IS, G37, and doesn't blend into your driveway like the stereotypical Benz or Beemer. CPO ones can be found for a more competitive price than new ones.

Other than that, used MDX would be great, or even a used RDX.

I have no problem with Hondas, the TL has been one hell of a car.
I dislike SUVs, if I didn't I'd either get the new MDX or that new small SUV by bens. GL something or other.

The new TL is a bad ass car on paper, I'd sooo own one if it wasn't like the accord in a sense that its but ass ugly.

Linh txted me today saying she saw and S5 on her way to work and told me GET THAT!

tempting. but S5 + a turbo 350Z? maybe a bit too much. A5 is a nice car, however if I get an A5 I might have to wait awhile since there's not many choices around here.

i think owning a g35/g37 + the Z is pretty damn pointless... i mean, its pretty much the same damn car. lol

you can still get some pretty neat cars that are fun to drive, practical, and fairly new, and WELL under 40k with a manual and nice interior, such as:

2006-7 suby legacy gt 2.5T
2007 nissan altima SE-R
mazda speed 6

Back