Thinking about ditching the genesis...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My Dad had a IS 350, it was entertaining to drive and super luxurious, at 100k miles didn't really need anything besides basic maintenance.

If you did the "trick" to turn the tcs off it would melt the tires pretty good :lol:

The Mazda3's have a weld seal issues. It's like the same issue that 80's and 90's Honda's have with the rear quarter rot - except worse... and all over the car. All of these cars around me are starting to rust. The oldest ones are not even 10 years old. Run and Hide!

Last edited:
yeah E pretty much nailed it. lol

the IS is nice, but its rare, and that one is far away and out of state, which means i have to go to the dmv for vin verifcation which blows ass if i want THAT one. finiding another probably won't happen.

ehhh

maybe i'll just drop an ls1 in the genesis :X

PlanetUnicorn1.jpg

Since we're talking mazdaspeed3, why not a mazdaspeed6?

The 3 is a quick car. Instructor at the track has one. He fucking hauls ass in that thing.

I vote Evo. I loved mine, would buy again 10/10.

yeah E pretty much nailed it. lol

the IS is nice, but its rare, and that one is far away and out of state, which means i have to go to the dmv for vin verifcation which blows ass if i want THAT one. finiding another probably won't happen.

ehhh

maybe i'll just drop an ls1 in the genesis :X

A Z06 is out of the question but you will throw a corvette engine in the Genesis?

I'm insanely baffled......

not sure anyone really hates Z06's...think you are hating just for the sake of hating

ZO6's are badass, but not a car most would consider a great DD.

I like the Focus ST and the Speed 3's. Smallish, hatch, pretty quick, and reasonable on mpg's for the most part.

My vote would be keep the Genny if you can figure out what the noise was. If you've only got 33000 on it it's basically just a baby.

ZO6's are badass, but not a car most would consider a great DD.

I like the Focus ST and the Speed 3's. Smallish, hatch, pretty quick, and reasonable on mpg's for the most part.

My vote would be keep the Genny if you can figure out what the noise was. If you've only got 33000 on it it's basically just a baby.

how many RWD cars with power are DD's? Im sure you can name a small handful but out of the 1000's of different cars out there, its a very small percent.

I'm assuming this would not be a DD since he has the truck for bad weather.

The only downfall is that it is a two seater...but to me thats a perk, you won't have to drive everyone around when you go out :p

I assumed he was looking to replace his DD with another DD.

Does the truck leave the driveway ever? lol

I vote to find/diag the problem and keep the damned genny.

Probably just needs new plugs, or something simple. Who knows, with the ecu flash it just may foul them out or need a hotter or colder plug.

33k on the clock and at the first sign of problems he's ready to trade it in, lol, good luck with that. I'm assuming its still under warranty? Or did you void that with the flash?

the truck has no brakes. I need to get it fixed. I think a caplier is frozen down and its caused the pedal to have no resitance, occasionally. which is scary. lol and it has an exhaust leak at the manifold and its rusted to shit so replacing it is not really an option without re-tapping the whole head. i'm going to bring it somewhere and let them deal with it. its on my list to do. along with replacing the fence that blew over in the winter. and the clutch for the car if I keep it... getting my oak installed for the stove... tuning the furnace... it never freakin ends. Up until a few weeks ago, my priorities have been getting the garden together, and I still need to build a few more trellises for that too... and before that it was re-fi'ing my house and planning my summer vacation, and... and.....

before you know it, you're dead. Or broke. In my case, it's been I've been broke, lol. So, a lot of stuff just keeps getting pushed back... next weekend... and then it pours balls. lol next pay check.... and then something else comes up that takes the money. And then work ups Q2 bonus back a month because they were too slow with the paper work, so there goes the money for the fence for another 4 weeks. And then the pellet guy is coming to do my outside air kit, so then its gone again. Before you know it, snow will be on the ground, the truck still won't work, and i'll still probably have the genesis on a useless clutch. lol
I like the evo. But it just doesn't get the mileage I demand. or the tank size to make it a week without filling up 3 times. My buddy has a XI MR with a cobb upgrade and its bad ass. he's eyeing a GTR now. Maybe i'll buy it off him later.... I dunno. its a flappy pedal gear box. will take some getting used to.

I really have no interest in a vette. I still have all my hair. its useless for a daily imo. nice fun car, Im sure, but its impractical.

flappy gear box is bad.

i think we figured out what brian's problem is. he just doesn't maintain his vehicles as well as his garden :lol:

My car has been 100% dealer maintained by the book. The clutch is gone because I fed it 75% more power. Everyone who upgraded eventually had a slipping clutch. I was planning to pull the plugs this weekend but couldn't find my spark plug socket anywhere. Which is another project..... my garage is a mess.

Back