thinking about getting a bike

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, if you were to get a single professional rider who races for a living on a track, he'd put down one time with the 250, and a progressively faster time with a 500, 600, 750, 1000cc.. But the arguement here is, a 250 is plenty fast for public roads as a commuter.

But, there is nothing like the thrill of rolling to full throttle on a 1000cc gsxr or a Hayabusa. Its pure adrenaline. I've never taken one to its upper limits, but the acceleration is completely nuts.

I still have yet to even ride the 1000rr, but I really like the specs on it. And, its a honda. And I am very fond of honda as a company.

I disagree I found that my F4i corners easier then the EX500 I spent time on.
maybe the 250 is better?

either way, I need to find another bike.

There are SO many fucking great bikes out there, If I wasn't in my price range, I would STILL be test riding and making up my mind for a new one.

I hear the SV650S is a great bike, and with the sport fairings, it's a good looker too.

But damn, every time I see the K1200 my heart swoons.

I found a bike for B while looking at bikes tonight.

'99 Suzuki Custom TL1000R

I have 2 bikes so far on my call about list.
99R1 cheap no doubt its been down, outside of not having FI it fits my requirements
then theres an 03 GSX-R1000 that is in perfect shape. guessing I could ebay some of the parts off it =)

I have been looking into the SV1000 more and more but I would like something a bit more aggressive.

I found a bike for B while looking at bikes tonight.

'99 Suzuki Custom TL1000R

I have 2 bikes so far on my call about list.
99R1 cheap no doubt its been down, outside of not having FI it fits my requirements
then theres an 03 GSX-R1000 that is in perfect shape. guessing I could ebay some of the parts off it =)

I have been looking into the SV1000 more and more but I would like something a bit more aggressive.
carb'd bikes suck ass

fuel injected bikes are better than carb'd.
You are an idiot!
Yeah, stay away from the carbs.
Because you have to know how to use them?
I disagree I found that my F4i corners easier then the EX500 I spent time on. maybe the 250 is better?
The 250 is quite a bit easier to move around than a 500.... I am pretty sure it has to do with 100lbs extra on the topside of the bike.

You are an idiot!Because you have to know how to use them?The 250 is quite a bit easier to move around than a 500.... I am pretty sure it has to do with 100lbs extra on the topside of the bike.

but running the #s a ninja 250 is only about 70lbs lighter then my 600. and only about 45 lbs lighter then the new 600RRs.....
also the 600RR has a shorter (not by much) wheel base, meaning its more nimble.

My neighbor just got rid of his. It was pretty damn fast. Probably faster than my gsxr 600. Had an incredible amount of torque.

TL has torque because its a twin, it's really not all that fast plus its a pretty heavy bike. back in the late 90s it was pretty much the shit. now the newer bikes make it look pretty sad.

Anyways, did anyone even look at that link? its a fucking PINK bike. my god no one has noticed why I posted that bike.

Back