Thinking About Getting This Car...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1 said:
Yea dude. I love the speed6. Turbo I4 6 speed AWD... whyyyyyyyyyyy not?
Well, with the EVO and STi in the same price range with more hp and tq, not to mention Mazda's AWD system isn't anything compared to Mitsu's and Subaru's... as far as I know Mazda's AWD system is mainly FWD, kinda like how the CRV's AWD works.

I went to mazda today, those shit heads had no info for me. Just that they will be getting them in September. They couldn't even give me an MSRP:(

B16RacerN2NR said:
Well, with the EVO and STi in the same price range with more hp and tq, not to mention Mazda's AWD system isn't anything compared to Mitsu's and Subaru's... as far as I know Mazda's AWD system is mainly FWD, kinda like how the CRV's AWD works.

I went to mazda today, those shit heads had no info for me. Just that they will be getting them in September. They couldn't even give me an MSRP:(

but still, i like the mazda over the evo/sti as far as looks go.

Calesta said:
I like it. I think it's a good move for Mazda to bring it out!

Bergy- the new 3 chassis is much better than the last Protege. It may not feel like it from the factory, but it will end up much more responsive with the same types of suspension upgrades. It is after all the latest incarnation of the Protege. ;)

I was more talking about the feeling of being in a bathtub from a sitting in the seat perspective. The window sills sit higher, giving you that feeling that you are in a tank looking though slits. I like my integra because of the amazing panoramic view, narrow A and B-pillars; I just felt like I was driving a bathtub. I'm sure the chassis is very capable, I don't think mazda would take step backwards in the handling dept, but I just don't like the way you sit in it. RX-8 would definitely get my vote over any 3 series mazda. I love that car, silky smooth in every possible way.

Calesta said:
Resale of 20% less after 2 model years doesn't seem bad at all to me.

I'm with him.

Also, I hear that the Rx8 aftermarket support is pretty strong - I'm not sure if its economical, but I hear that there's plenty of parts out there.

I'm really not a fan of the Rx8 unless it were turbo'd, but its electronic steering rack, lightweight and nimbleness is to be desired. As a stock car, the lack of torque and having to wind the engine out isn't what I'm looking for, but the same could be said for the Honda s2k and my personal preferences.

8 is meh. I'll take the last 7 Special Edition they made in Japan three years ago over the new ones ANY day.

RX8 makes too little power and sucks down WAYYYY to much gas.

power to MPG sucks dick

Calesta said:
Resale of 20% less after 2 model years doesn't seem bad at all to me.

werd, look at s2000's, WRX's, EVO's STi's, ect. There all 30-33k (minus the wrx), and 2 years later you see them for 23-24. Thats a $6-10K drop in value in two years. Horrible IMO

SRT-4 = Way more potential i know ppl throwin down some crzy hp with very few mods...

Vosty said:
SRT-4 = Way more potential i know ppl throwin down some crzy hp with very few mods...
i've also seen 500, 600, and 700 hp supras run 12's...hp means jack shit. The mazda 3 looks better, the interior is 10 times nicer, i know for a fact it handles better, and above all else, it's not a damn neon:eek:lol:

ripperbone said:
damn foo, your looking at cars and no call WTF. well I need to call your ass anyways
yeah, for the past few days my girl hasn't had her phone because my son chewed it up like he was a Pit Bull on steroids so I let her hang onto my phone because i'd rather her be able to make a call if she needs to. Me, i'm a man, i'll survive without a phone lol

but anyway yeah, i'm paying off all my debt as we speak then i'll go buy my car. Hey check it out, my girl's mom is giving us money to pay off our mobile home that we want, cash:D

EDIT:Mazda just put the price on their website...this car will start at 22,800 :D

Last edited:
Back