Thinking about painting my prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Yeah, so im thinking about painting my prelude (especially the hood because the dumbass who had it before me made it look like crap for painting the hood black)

So i kinda like the color, i just wanna brighten it up a little bit. Also if i were to totally change the paint color how many coats does it really take of each. My body shop told me that it was 1/2/1 primer/base/clear for a good paint job, but i dont think thats right.

We shall see what happends...i can post a better pic when i get it washed and the engine is done. i might just have it all painted to match...i assume it would be much cheaper.

1399158151181390340im1main565x.jpg

if ur car doesnt have any dents 2 repair ,then all they need 2 do is sand and paint,which mean basecoat paint and clear, that lude wud look crazy slammed and a nice honda red or black and some nice oem prelude rims and u good 2 go ,lookin stock will never make your car look played out u wud stay lookin clean

i say paint it pink...HOT PINK.

I think I'm gonna paint my hatch hot pink. Ever say the words hot pink too much. I dunno I think you should just do uhmm, hot pink.

No seriously Hot Pink.

Ok...

Now, I think you should paint it anything but a Honda color. Just because it would look a little different. A nice gray or gunmetal would look nice.

I would coat it just like the shop said

I kinda like the Enkei rims that are on it now...they are dirty in that picture, but if i lower the car about 2 inches or so itll look pretty good when the rims are clean.

you want atleats 2 coats of primer base and clear bottom line....so that shop doesnt know what they are talking about

ive always used 1 coat primer, 2 coats base and depending on the result 1-2 coats of clear, usually 2.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 14 2005, 10:00 AM
i say paint it pink...HOT PINK.

I think I'm gonna paint my hatch hot pink. Ever say the words hot pink too much. I dunno I think you should just do uhmm, hot pink.

No seriously Hot Pink.

Ok...

Now, I think you should paint it anything but a Honda color. Just because it would look a little different. A nice gray or gunmetal would look nice.

I would coat it just like the shop said
[post=499164]Quoted post[/post]​

I AGREE! HOT PINK IS THE BOMB!

i think im going to have to side against pink...i was thinking blue or black...and i dont know what shade of blue. either its that one or something similar to dodge's midnight blue.

[whipers from side of your shoulder] paint it pink [/whipers from side of your shoulder]

it would look good in black though

yeah, i also dont know if i want to put a big wing on it or not...i wish i could see like a before and after with a new wing.

I wasnt thinking something like this:

92_96prelude_611rw_wing.jpg

I was thinking more like this:

APR_GTII_A.jpg

I havent given any serious thought to it (meaning that i havent planned financially for it, like i have for paint, body kit, rims, new engine, intake, headers, etc)

Just wanted a lil feed back.

Pink is hot though. With some lime green or yellow graphics or trim. Or pink and black, pink and black would be hot too.

I just couldnt do it...maybe when i get a girl and i feel secure enough in my man hood to try something like that.

psst, any female dfw lude fans...pm me and we'll talk

so yeah i dont think pink or yellow would be viable options.

Go to a body shop supply store, they will have "chip books" a foot thick with small spray outs.

Originally posted by reikoshea@May 14 2005, 09:11 PM
I just couldnt do it...maybe when i get a girl and i feel secure enough in my man hood to try something like that.

psst, any female dfw lude fans...pm me and we'll talk

so yeah i dont think pink or yellow would be viable options.
[post=499312]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm a girl, on the inside ;_;

Originally posted by reikoshea@May 14 2005, 09:25 PM
I might be, but i dont know if im ready to ACTUALLY admit it yet.
[post=499323]Quoted post[/post]​

Might be what? a girl inside? I known since I was 5, and let me tell ya, once I accepted it, I have felt a great relief of course, that means I will have to split my money between my car and my pills :ph34r:

Back