thinking about trading down...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't want to say you conveniently forgot to include or address the rest of my statement (because no one does that on internet forums.) But I wanted to rearrange my statement for ease of understanding and bringing it all into context.

...Though as of now it (your statement) seems pretty sound... maybe in five years we could find out the New Hyundai is the same piece of shit as the old Hyundai. Only time will tell.
I agree as it stands the Genesis will no doubt hold value greater than the Camaro. But, and this is a big one, if (and most likely only if) it turns out down the road that the Hyundai is a huge pile of shit as past ones have it won't matter that its Asian over American. That or if GM goes completely under and the Camaro turns out to be a collector item. Much as I hate to say it the latter seems most likely.
Whatever you get, good luck B!

Last edited:
I hope B does take pics... I wanna see some better detail shots than whats posted on the Hyundai website.

Just after reading this thread yesterday I went home, and was next to a black Genesis coupe almost all the way home. Honestly not bad looking. Very curvy sheet metal, in a nice way. Flatter sheet metal is cheaper... Car companies are cutting back on curved sheet metal to lower costs so much lately that it stands out.

i wonder why he didn't consider the 1-series bmw?

It's only been an hour... he said he was going to drive it, and look over thoroughly before making his decision..

i dont' think he would sign papers today anyway. I think he's doing his research. as well as i know him, he wouldn't do anything like that on a simple impulse.

additionally pretty much any hyundai dealer he is heading to is about 30-35 minutes away which depending on traffic can become 45-50

calm the fuck down... im sure he will fill you guys in as soon as he has info for you

I'm not getting rowdy dude... I'm just curious to see what he has to say. Hell, I might just go test drive one too for the fuck of it. lol

took the ti... they aren't giving me shit for it.. i'll probably end up keeping it.
took out the genny
came home, brining back the m3 for appraisal. doesn't look good here either. they are talking 18-20. i owe 21,5.

car is pretty sick. it's a hair slower than i expected it to be, but it handels and brakes awesome.

i'll have more details later... back to the dealership (torrington fyi)

Shit man I'd tell em, take it or leave it at 20k. If they really want to sell someone a Genesis, they would do it.

Plus, if MSRP on it is going to be around 28k, then really once all is said and done, you just paid more like 33-35k.
Am I right on that? I just guesstimated...

Back