thinking about trading down...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

meh, sex in the back of the benz > sex in the back of a bmw

unless we're talking about a M6 but then again I'd rather have sex in a SL63

sex in the back of a x5 sounds better than both. more room...

as far against hyndai i am i like the design of it..im sure B will keep us updated IF he runs across any flaws..

meh, sex in the back of the benz > sex in the back of a bmw

unless we're talking about a M6 but then again I'd rather have sex in a SL63

Shit, Id settle for a handjob in the "trunk" of a VW Rabbit right now. And im talkin the old school 80s models! With a lady type CJ! lol

Last edited:
Looks like a genesis to me :)

Some of the exterior sheet metal, windows, headlights, and the hyundai badge. The rest of the car was tossed in the trash and or rebuilt. But yes, it looks like one. That was the point. See a car go fast, go buy that car. Its advertising.

So B, what happened to the car not having options you wanted?

turns out the listing on the website was wrong. this is the fully loaded track edition model that i wanted, 2.0t, 6spd. The only thing it does have that i wanted is the color. but, hell, what's another black car :D it will suffice. i really liked that nordesclief grey they had but i guess its on back order and they don't expect any of those in stock until sept at the earliest.

it's WICKED loose with traction control off.... ask me how i know.

It's a damn good car. and damn fun to drive too.

2 things i don't like so far that i'm sure i'll get used to:
- the brake to gas pedal spacing is too much. You truely have to heel-toe it instead of 'fat footing' it like i'm used to (big toe on brake, pinky/palm on gas)
- i can't seem to find a comfortable seat position. it has 213123412 options so its just a matter of time and tweaking to get it just right for me.

it's on par power wise to my old sti. it really feels the exact same.. kinda dead, full on... kinda dead in the rpm band.
brakes are awesome. outbrakes my m EASILY. ask anyone who knows me, i always bitch about brakes in everything. these brakes rock the house. better than the m. better than the sti. by far.
225/40 and 245/40(or 35's i forget) 19's on it. big tire bill again... but, these should last me a bit. looks like i can easily squeeze at least a 265 or 275 in the back.
suspension, very tight. reminds me a lot of the sti. needs a rear sway (or a thicker one) i'm pleased with it. its rough and stiff but not harsh, just like a good suspension should be.
it has an rpm hold on shift. it doesn't drop the R's when you release the gas and clutch in. it's weird... will take a bit of getting used to. makes for easy shifts though with less bunking under hard acceleration. just have to get used to the computer doing it for me.

the infinity sound system is insane. it has a built in 8" sub (i think) in the rear deck. i was thumpin like i had a system in there.

home link is bad ass. gotta figure out how to set that up (built in garage door opener). has full blue tooth, and i already hooked up my ipod into it in the center console.

back seats are tight... a little tighter than the m. wouldn't want to be back there myself, but should the need arise, there is 2 seats availble. and they do fold down for the trunk.

has a rear view park control sensor. haven't figured out how to turn it on yet :D

clutch is nice and firm.

gear box is on par with the M. R is top left just like the bimmer is and shifts are tight and accurate. 6th gear is truly an overdrive. 80mph i'm turning 2500 rpms.
redline is 6500, but its dead power wise at 6100 ish.
unlike the sti, i think they got the gearing just right. i don't find myself between 4th and 5th around town. i'm happy in 4th and not taching out.

windows are also ala bmw. they go down when the door opens (i took a pic) and slide up when the door is fully closed, so as to not get jammed up and to prevent coat hanger thieves.

There is no key... its like the new nissans. proximity remote with start/stop button. built in charger in the ashtray area... no need for battery replacement.

there's a TON of room in the engine bay, and hardly any gay plastics. Easily room for a t88 :ph34r: lol has a front mount hidden in there too i think... the boost pipes lead into the front bumper on either side. i can't quite see it but i think its there.

all in all, i will miss the M , but i think this will suit as a damn good replacement for a fraction of the cost. the 10/100 warranty is pretty awesome. even the turbo is included in it, so if it ends up being audi-esque and needing turbos at 80k, its free.

There's no scheduled service until 60k other than oil changes (or so the guy said... i will verify in the manual later)

so, the M is gone. I need to bring my stock exhaust and my spare keys up tomorrow to finalize everything up there.
i'll miss her.... but i honestly feel i made the right choice, and i'm pretty damn happy with this car so far.

pics:

Attachments

• PICT1029.JPG
    PICT1029.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 728
  • PICT1030.JPG
    PICT1030.JPG
    869.3 KB · Views: 150
  • PICT1031.JPG
    PICT1031.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 170
  • PICT1032.JPG
    PICT1032.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 137
  • PICT1033.JPG
    PICT1033.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 799
  • PICT1034.JPG
    PICT1034.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 168
  • PICT1035.JPG
    PICT1035.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 133
  • PICT1036.JPG
    PICT1036.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 161
  • PICT1037.JPG
    PICT1037.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
  • PICT1038.JPG
    PICT1038.JPG
    914.3 KB · Views: 167
  • PICT1039.JPG
    PICT1039.JPG
    879 KB · Views: 164
  • PICT1040.JPG
    PICT1040.JPG
    751.1 KB · Views: 142
  • PICT1041.JPG
    PICT1041.JPG
    854.9 KB · Views: 779
  • PICT1042.JPG
    PICT1042.JPG
    815.9 KB · Views: 162
Not bad. Now I want to see video of the rev holding nonsense.

my secret :D and no, i didn't blow the finace manager E....

Damn it. I want one of these sooo bad. Fuckin sweet car. And I like the black, but how come the interior is gray-ish? It could use a bit darker material in there, but hell that's the only thing I would want to change as far as the looks.

And BTW to the comments about the Formula D Genesis. In case you didn't know already, those cars are factory spec when they begin life. They have to be or else they wouldn't be allowed to be used in the competition. The rules and regulations of Formula D state that the vehicle must be (at the time of its birth) a factory built car, and no purpose built tube frame (like nascar) type chassis can be used in the sport.

Dude, fuckin sweet... So generally you should be able to use EVO X engine parts that are already out ther in your Genesis? Hmmm... Some people are probably tired of waiting for the Gen parts and are using Evo internals and stuff I bet..

yeha, its pretty much a mitsu engine tweaked a bit

Back