thinking about trading down...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bitchin... I want one. Hwy I wonder how many Tiburons with Genesis swaps we'll see in the future lol

So what's it like being inside something black again?

Bitchin... I want one. Hwy I wonder how many Tiburons with Genesis swaps we'll see in the future lol

Seeing how the tiburon is FWD and this one is RWD, I doubt none.

The interior resembles my buddies 03 tiburon almost perfectly. Minus the 2 tone interior.

yea. and you'll NEVER see an F20 in a Civic either! Oh wait, nevermind. That's been done already.

Does it have a boost gauge stock? I was just curious, I didn't see one in your pics, and I'm curious as to how much its actually pushing..

My thinking behind that post was keeping in mind that you could put anything, in anything if you had the money and a brain.

Yea im interested in its boost level as well. Do you know how much they're capable of being tweaked to make stock?
My thinking behind that post was keeping in mind that you could put anything, in anything if you had the money and a brain.

ie: hookers!

Don't forget Motoman's advice!

Motoman's Break-In secrets

And remember to change the oil early!

(Yes I'm on a car site reminding the site owner of basic maintenance but I'm anal about break-in and early oil changes on new engines!)

(Yes I'm on a car site reminding the site owner of basic maintenance but I'm anal about break-in and early oil changes on new engines!)

People with break in secrets are like assholes.....

My first oil change on the benz is going to be at 12K miles. I'm almost half way there.

As to Mods...

Genesis Coupe 380 Turbo - T04RS turbo - MY350Z.COM Forums

[Hyundai Genesis Coupe] Modified Thread - MY350Z.COM Forums

B, you need a new camera. Looks like you shot those pictures with an ISO of 1600, looks like it's snowing in July.

People with break in secrets are like assholes.....

My first oil change on the benz is going to be at 12K miles. I'm almost half way there.

http://my350z.com/forum/other-vehicles/421263-hyundai-genesis-coupe-modified-thread.html

Thats a gamble I wouldn't take. A brand new motor has little imperfections here and there, tiny chips of metal, casting bits, machining bits, bits of seals, etc that wear off quickly during break in.. Those float around and Ideally get cought in the filter.. But then there are those that float around in your oil.. Little microscopic bastards, that get pushed back through the system and put little tiny scratches all over your crank bearings, cams, etc.. Ideally, you should change your oil after the first 500 miles, just to get all the loose junk out. Most people don't do that, and most people come out fine. But I wouldn't try it. I certainly wouldn't do 12,000 miles.

Holy shit! They still make rwd cars!? I honestly see hyundai doing the right thing here, I think in the next few years they're gonna get big. Start putting out stronger more reliable, avid driver friendly cars.

Does it have a boost gauge stock? I was just curious, I didn't see one in your pics, and I'm curious as to how much its actually pushing..
no boost gauge.
dealer didn't know either ( i asked)

looks like the stock ecu cuts boost at 18psi.

most people are reporting 12-14 with spikes to 16 mid rpm and back to 12 by red line. it's a dinky turbo and it's simply falling on its face up top.

yep, i'm driving it pretty 'good'. :) i'm more worried about the clutch break in than the motor. shes been redlined, drifted, and through every gear pretty hard already :)

first oil change is at 3750.

B, you need a new camera. Looks like you shot those pictures with an ISO of 1600, looks like it's snowing in July.

yeah yeah yeah. it gets the job done. i'm no photographer.

Sounds like you're enjoying the new car B. I'm not sure if you said anything yet, but I'm curious if you like the Genesis better than the M.

Thats a gamble I wouldn't take. A brand new motor has little imperfections here and there, tiny chips of metal, casting bits, machining bits, bits of seals, etc that wear off quickly during break in.. Those float around and Ideally get cought in the filter.. But then there are those that float around in your oil.. Little microscopic bastards, that get pushed back through the system and put little tiny scratches all over your crank bearings, cams, etc.. Ideally, you should change your oil after the first 500 miles, just to get all the loose junk out. Most people don't do that, and most people come out fine. But I wouldn't try it. I certainly wouldn't do 12,000 miles.

Like I said, like assholes =) everyones got one.
Most of what you said was very true, back in the 70s and 80s

People say to never run full synth oil on a new motor, it should always get broke in before you switch to full synth oil, my car comes with it at zero miles 7.5 quarts of it.

My custom built civic motor, I broke in by running though an RPM range always going from 2-3K for a 100 miles then then 2-4K for another 100 miles then 2-5K did oil change around 500 miles then another one just before going on the dyno.

It was a sleeved motor with custom pistons, not blue printed. I'd expect a little bit of wear here and there and slight bits of crap in the oil due to the way it was put together with random parts.

As for new cars, the motors are built from the factory with damn near perfect build specs, if I were to find any bits of metal in any newer car, Id send the oil out for testing, take the metal bits in, as with the oil test results and tell them to either replace the car or put a new motor in.

Companies like hyundai must be crazy stupid for offering 100K mile warranty on an engine when they dont even list the first oil change til Im guessing 6500 miles.

MB is willing to back all of their cars, with a first oil change @ 12K miles, and still offer free replacment motors up to 50K, that's not to shabby when almost ever model has an AMG verison that makes 400+ HP

My guess is a new AMG motor from MB has to cost more then your avg compact car.

as to the break in website you posted, I'm not saying its right, or its wrong. Just want to point out that there's many other websites with the same type of into and pictures of how breaking it in hard can cause problems yada yada yada. whats better, ford or chevy, honda or toyota.... again the only answer is opinions, opinions with their own (professionals) that do testing to prove their points.

bottom line with break ins everyone has their own way and theres no right way. it just stands out to me that its really weird how auto companies across the world dont.

A. update break in styles.
B. break in a motor on a engine dyno, if it made for a higher power motor and a more reliable motor, they could market their products as that much better of a product. super clean motors should also get better MPG, again, making it a win win for everyone.

but.... they dont. they'd rather brag about less HP, less MPG and less reliability. Clearly the billions of dollars spent in research and marketing must be going to waste.

People say to never run full synth oil on a new motor, it should always get broke in before you switch to full synth oil, my car comes with it at zero miles 7.5 quarts of it.
Holy expensive oil changes, Jeffie!!! As if they werent bad enough being a MB.:D

Back