Thinking of a change of scenery, Opinions wanted

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seattle or Portland.

Yeah, you're used to living in a police state.

If you think the police are too corrupt, don't go to Denver, Seattle, NYC, Assachussetts or Florida.

man.... its too fucking hot down there.... fuck that

:D

texas, arisona, new mexico???
oregon is supposed to be really nice??

i dunno.... best of luck though

i am originally from portland oregon, it is beautiful there!, and NO sales tax in oregon!, right now i live in florida, i like it here too , but man it gets hot as hell here!

just my .02

I love FL, but they are most definitely correct when they say it gets too hot. I am in the middle of Lake Okeechobee and the east coast so it is exceptionally humid here and yeah, it gets pretty unbearable for most people but I'm used to it. Florida is quite odd though... For instance during the winter if it's 40 degrees at night here, it will be 30 degrees 45 minutes north and so on. It's like every mile you drive the weather changes.

I love FL, but they are most definitely correct when they say it gets too hot. I am in the middle of Lake Okeechobee and the east coast so it is exceptionally humid here and yeah, it gets pretty unbearable for most people but I'm used to it. Florida is quite odd though... For instance during the winter if it's 40 degrees at night here, it will be 30 degrees 45 minutes north and so on. It's like every mile you drive the weather changes.

No shit! *waves* *in Mr. Roger's voice* Hello, neighbor. Where off Lake Okeechobee do you live in? I'm always between Central in Kissimmee and 417/50.

TEXAS!! no really. Its bad ass. It has the country and the city all in the same area haha. And its not redneck like everyone would ave you believe. Shit, most people here dont even have southern accents. Really, give it a try, there is ALWAYS something to do.

Coming from someone who hasn't lived in Texas his whole life, yes, Texas is packed with rednecks. Accents so thick its hard to understand what people are saying. Some lighter than others, but most DO have a hickcent.

Its hot as fuck 9 months of the year, humid, etc. But on the economic side, property taxes are usually lower, and there is no state tax withheld from your income.

Most of the state is flat with shitty trees (20 foot tall mesquite or scrub oaks) There are exceptions to the rule, but most of the trees suck. Most of the "wild country" is covered in brush, little trees, or desert-like. Not a beautiful state by any means. Sure, there are nice spots, and you can find amazing pictures from Texas, but thats why they take a picture.. because the rest of Texas sucks.

Overall, not a bad place to be. I live here now and have no huge complaints. I won't be retiring in Texas, though.

Last edited:
Coming from someone who hasn't lived in Texas his whole life, yes, Texas is packed with rednecks. Accents so thick its hard to understand what people are saying. Some lighter than others, but most DO have a hickcent.

sure if your in east texas bahaha. Hit up dallas

Most of the state is flat with shitty trees (20 foot tall mesquite or scrub oaks) There are exceptions to the rule, but most of the trees suck. Most of the "wild country" is covered in brush, little trees, or desert-like. Not a beautiful state by any means. Sure, there are nice spots, and you can find amazing pictures from Texas, but thats why they take a picture.. because the rest of Texas sucks.

In central texas ...

East texas has the woodlands. Huge forests, thats where i grew up.
South texas has the beaches and palm trees. (and South Padre Island)
West texas is Deserts
farther North and you have Plains, and grasslands

there is a little bit of everything, and if you dont like the scenery where you live, there is somewhere for you in a different part.

Idk, I love it, i guess its all about opinions.

What about jail? Free room and board, cable, bunk beds, free workouts, friends, "special" friends...the possibilities are endless. :D

I love Fl. It's nice all year but it does get hot as shit in the summer because of the humidity if you don't mind that. I went swimming on christmas day. Other than that Ohio is nice I had family that lived there and I would go visit and in the winter it was like here but nicer. The summer was a little cooler and deffinately not as humid, but nothing out there.

i agree with white rabbit and luis ! come on down to florida ! just remember that the necks are red as hell in the northern part of FL , and as for the heat here, dude you will get used to it!, but where else can you swim in the ocean on X MAS ? ( Except hawaii!)... best of luck :)

All good options. But who knows what the next 2 and a half months will bring. If I have a real job relocating might be limited to where there are other branches, etc. etc.

Back