Thinking of going DSM...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khrisb

OK. For the longest, I have wanted to go all-motor B18C in a hatch or Crx. Well, here recently I've been getting the hankering to go AWD Eclipse, 2nd gen. I know DSM's are broke more than they are fixed. Honda's are super reliable. It's just making me sick thinking about how much I'm gonna have to spend to reach my goal of mid to low 13's, full interior, all-motor in the honda. I know I'll never hit that with N/A Eclipse, but the turbo version wouldn't take much...

Can anyone sway me back to the H camp? I'm really starting to be unimpressed...
Maybe it's just a phase... I dunno!

B)

You'll get to 13's faster, you'll also go through like 4 trannies, but you'll be faster when its running right.

Originally posted by khrisb@Sep 14 2003, 06:50 PM

Can anyone sway me back to the H camp? I'm really starting to be unimpressed...
Maybe it's just a phase... I dunno!

Personally I've been in that phase for about a good 2 months now. I am really disgusted by honda's and how much people worship them for their gay slowness.

I hate saying yeah I have a civic, oh really? is it fast? Is it an Si? No it is slow as dog poo.

I personally am going to just clean up my car, make it stock as stock can come with paint, body work, etc and just sell it to a fucktard taht wants to look "cool" to his fellow freshman, oer whatever. I plan on buying some beefy of some kind, anything that's decent stock fast, and has a good background. Seriousliy, honda's area way overrated.

Ok, how about this-

One of my neighbors back in Dallas had an 11 second Talon TSi AWD... he went through 3 transmissions in a year. It was nice when it was running, but that was very very rare. He had so many problems with it that he just wanted to get rid of it. I watched as he dropped in a new transmission just for the purpose of selling it- and then broke it two weeks later when he was out "testing it" on its maiden voyage. He had to swap in ANOTHER transmission so he could sell it. This guy wasn't exactly hurting for money, but he wanted to get rid of the piece of junk because it was just too much of a headache... low 11s in the quarter just didn't outweigh all the trouble to him.

In the end, he let it all go for about $5000 WITH the new transmission installed. That's all he could get for it. It was a low price, but he didn't care- that's how much he hated it. Now he's building a Supra.

:lol:

i almost bought a dsm once. i 91 gsx. the reason i almost bought it, it was only a thousand bucks. keep your honda and shop around if you want a dsm.

One word: crankwalk. :thumbsdown:

Stay away from 1st gen GSX's, they are more trouble than there worth.

Sway you back? I just told you a horror story on a DSM and you still want one? Ok...

How about this- swapping a GSR into a CRX will get you to 13s pretty easily with a good traction setup and some simple power mods, and it will be a HELL of a lot more reliable than that turbo AWD DSM.

ok, your honda is sooooo much cooler. it will get you laid more, get you a better job, and you will be more popular. keep your crx and buy a cheapo talon or eclipse if you want one that bad, that's all i'm saying. you will miss your rex so just keep it if you don't owe on it.

VTEC does not, nor will it ever own a DSM :D

hows that? is that reason enough?? LOL

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 14 2003, 10:04 PM
Sway you back? I just told you a horror story on a DSM and you still want one? Ok...

How about this- swapping a GSR into a CRX will get you to 13s pretty easily with a good traction setup and some simple power mods, and it will be a HELL of a lot more reliable than that turbo AWD DSM.

That guy was running near Fast and Furious 10's! I just want to make it a little faster than stock. Don't they run like 14.5's stock?
And we posted at the same time and yours went through first. That post was made before your horror story.

Originally posted by get_nick@Sep 14 2003, 11:06 PM
ok, your honda is sooooo much cooler. it will get you laid more, get you a better job, and you will be more popular. keep your crx and buy a cheapo talon or eclipse if you want one that bad, that's all i'm saying. you will miss your rex so just keep it if you don't owe on it.

he doesn't own a honda yet, just a ghey ass stratus.

:newbie:

and if you need a honda to get yourself laid or to be more popular, then you obviously have no game nor friends whatsoever fool, because everyone and their grandma has a honda.

:ufucktard:

hook up your stratus. my boy swapped in a 2.4 turbo'd and nitrous his 4 door. now that is original. and why is a shut the fuck up noob thing? he wanted someone to sway him back so that's what i did, plus i was joking around so lay off.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 14 2003, 10:04 PM

im interested in what "power mods" you are talking about ive got the gsr and the crx part down, but as you can see in my sig, i could only pull out a 15.0. granted with better driving i can get it down to low 14's, im just looking for your suggestions.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Sep 14 2003, 10:16 PM-->
@Sep 14 2003, 10:04 PM

im interested in what "power mods" you are talking about ive got the gsr and the crx part down, but as you can see in my sig, i could only pull out a 15.0. granted with better driving i can get it down to low 14's, im just looking for your suggestions.

Where are you located? What current mods do you have engine wise? Altitude plays a HUGE role as to what times you run as well

To tell you the truth I'm about tired of Hondas right now...I'm not saying they suck or I wouldn't drive on ever again. I'm just saying they are over rated and to known to much people a ricer platforms. At this moment I would like to get a Nissan or Mistu and they something with them...but money seems the be the main issue.
Def_Jam

Originally posted by Def_Jam@Sep 14 2003, 10:21 PM
To tell you the truth I'm about tired of Hondas right now...I'm not saying they suck or I wouldn't drive on ever again. I'm just saying they are over rated and to known to much people a ricer platforms. At this moment I would like to get a Nissan or Mistu and they something with them...but money seems the be the main issue.
Def_Jam

Neon payment killin' ya, huh???
And quit trying to jack my thread, nojoke! This is very serious!!!

:lol:

Originally posted by NoJokE+Sep 14 2003, 10:20 PM-->
Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Sep 14 2003, 10:16 PM
Calesta
@Sep 14 2003, 10:04 PM
Sway you back?  I just told you a horror story on a DSM and you still want one?  Ok...

Where are you located? What current mods do you have engine wise? Altitude plays a HUGE role as to what times you run as well

yea im in baltimore, well i race in baltimore, im away at college now, the elevation at the track i ran at was like 340 ft. or something, basically sea level. mods are b18c1 engine, intake, exhaust, and lightened flywheel, 15"rota circuit 8's. thats about it for speed mods. check out my thread in the racing forum for more details on it.

ps, sorry to hijack your thread khrisb, lol :p

but to contribute to this thread, if not stay with honda for power at least stay for the reliabilty. it sucks having to replace something on your car every month. but i would go with your dream of a crx b18c all motor. thats what im doing and its coming along nicely, i havent spent that much, but i also lucked out and found a crx with the engine included, the only really big thing i had to do was replace the mounts with some hasports which are 32794872 times better then the shit that was on there, and replace rear calipers. i got it for 5500. good luck, stay with honda. and my car is far more reliable then any dsm (especially after hearing calesta's story)

noob question here wtf does dsm stand for ?
also please help me out with my thread on recommended CAI H\E since its been up for like 3 hours and no one has responded. thanks

Back