Thinking of going DSM...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my buddy has a DSM and the tranny is meesed up!! He bought the car for like $10000 last year and its been in the shop at least 10 times! Oh yeah i spent $5000 on my sol and its never been in the shop and is still faster than his because the transmission sticks in 1st and 2nd!!! Stay with Honda or take a bus while your fixing your DSM.

on the other hand i have another friend with a GSX and he did low 12's but blew his motor racing a Supra :p

Yeah but all these people were running way faster than what I want to.
I'll just be happy with 13.5 and under.

Originally posted by khrisb@Sep 15 2003, 03:02 AM
I said sway me back! What the hell? I guess honda is overrated...

:slap:

Buy a DSM and I'll :nutkick: you.

Keep your Honda. Had any problems with it at all? doubt it....So keep it.

if you need any other persuasion, come on to ft wayne I'll show you every mechanic shop in town will have at least 1 ford or some sort of import in it, except for Hondas.

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Sep 14 2003, 11:56 PM-->
@Sep 15 2003, 03:02 AM
I said sway me back! What the hell? I guess honda is overrated...

:slap:

Buy a DSM and I'll :nutkick: you.

Keep your Honda. Had any problems with it at all? doubt it....So keep it.

if you need any other persuasion, come on to ft wayne I'll show you every mechanic shop in town will have at least 1 ford or some sort of import in it, except for Hondas.

I drive a stratus. It's not ghey, either. I don't know. Just sick of Honda's. I had an 88 Civic sedan. Wasn't too impressed by anything about it. I've ridden in fast hondas too. Fucker's felt like they were gonna fall apart under acceleration. And I could pick up like a hundred more girls in a turbo eclipse than in a beater Crx. I get plenty in the Stratus. Girls think that car is cute. I'm still not swayed.
I only want to run mid to low 13's. I don't think I'd bust a tranny doing that.

And bring the :nutkick:
You better fuck me up good, cause when I get up, you're gone!!

:lol:

My friend had a 97 GS-T with just I/H/E and downpipe and he went through 2 trannies in 4 months. He ran like mid 14's. Those motors just have a tendancy to tear through trannies like crazy. I guarentee that if you buy a DSM (especially an already modded on) and plan on running mid 13.5s, you will be replacing the transmission within 6 months. That's just DSM.

"DSM- choosing power over reliability"

I know a guy who runs like 13.2 and his tranny broke once. It's a Gsx too. I think it's mostly human error that kills trannys. Still not swayed...

Originally posted by khrisb+Sep 14 2003, 10:09 PM-->
@Sep 14 2003, 10:04 PM
Sway you back? I just told you a horror story on a DSM and you still want one? Ok...

How about this- swapping a GSR into a CRX will get you to 13s pretty easily with a good traction setup and some simple power mods, and it will be a HELL of a lot more reliable than that turbo AWD DSM.

That guy was running near Fast and Furious 10's! I just want to make it a little faster than stock. Don't they run like 14.5's stock?
And we posted at the same time and yours went through first. That post was made before your horror story.

Oh, that's cool- I didn't look at the times. :)

About breaking transmissions- I hear about it quite a bit, even from people not running anywhere near 10s or 11s... plus there's the whole crankwalk issue if you get an older model (not sure what years).

Originally posted by NoJokE+Sep 14 2003, 10:20 PM-->
Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Sep 14 2003, 10:16 PM
Calesta
Sway you back?  I just told you a horror story on a DSM and you still want one?  Ok...

How about this- swapping a GSR into a CRX will get you to 13s pretty easily with a good traction setup and some simple power mods, and it will be a HELL of a lot more reliable than that turbo AWD DSM.

im interested in what "power mods" you are talking about ive got the gsr and the crx part down, but as you can see in my sig, i could only pull out a 15.0. granted with better driving i can get it down to low 14's, im just looking for your suggestions.

Where are you located? What current mods do you have engine wise? Altitude plays a HUGE role as to what times you run as well

Exactly... I live in Texas- we drive the quarter mile pretty quick down here. :)

don't the terms for intake and header get modified with a turbo car? i didn't think a turbo car has a header(i thought it is exhaust manifold or whatever). but i don't know all about turbos

The solution and only real option when it comes to AWD-T is a Celica AllTrac.

The drivelines easily handle 800 HP with just a clutch swap, and with a $7 Home Depot- spec MBC, you'll be in the 13s. Yes, in the 13s. I ran my AllTrac this weekend for the first time and got a 13.485 @ 108.334 MPH. I also hate drag racing. But anyway... I keep telling you guys this, but nobody listens...

Originally posted by Calesta+Sep 15 2003, 01:34 AM-->
Originally posted by khrisb@Sep 14 2003, 10:09 PM
Calesta
Sway you back?  I just told you a horror story on a DSM and you still want one?  Ok...

That guy was running near Fast and Furious 10's! I just want to make it a little faster than stock. Don't they run like 14.5's stock?
And we posted at the same time and yours went through first. That post was made before your horror story.

Oh, that's cool- I didn't look at the times. :)

About breaking transmissions- I hear about it quite a bit, even from people not running anywhere near 10s or 11s... plus there's the whole crankwalk issue if you get an older model (not sure what years).

1st gen 7 bolts.

and Alltrac >> Eclipse GSX

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I just thought you were high for so long on owning the car. That's really bad ass man. Seriously, 13.4! !!!!!

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Sep 15 2003, 12:46 AM
The solution and only real option when it comes to AWD-T is a Celica AllTrac.

The drivelines easily handle 800 HP with just a clutch swap, and with a $7 Home Depot- spec MBC, you'll be in the 13s. Yes, in the 13s. I ran my AllTrac this weekend for the first time and got a 13.485 @ 108.334 MPH. I also hate drag racing. But anyway... I keep telling you guys this, but nobody listens...

Hate to tell you this loco, but I think the AWD celica's are ugly as crap. I know you can make extreme power with one, but I just don't like how they look. I'm not gonna get a car I don't like. No matter how fast it is...

Originally posted by get_nick+Sep 15 2003, 01:35 AM-->
don't the terms for intake and header get modified with a turbo car? i didn't think a turbo car has a header(i thought it is exhaust manifold or whatever). but i don't know all about turbos
yes your right...

its just easier to type i/h/e than the other names. sorry, im lazy :D

khrisb
@Sep 15 2003, 4:30AM
Hate to tell you this loco, but I think the AWD celica's are ugly as crap. I know you can make extreme power with one, but I just don't like how they look. I'm not gonna get a car I don't like. No matter how fast it is...

Dude, how can you complain? You drive a Stratus. lol
Not to bag on you, but for the price of a 1G eclipse or 240, you will have plenty of money left over to get a bodykit to make it look better compared to if you bought a 2G eclipse. Even though I think they look good stock IMO.

Cause a 2G GSX is going to cost you around $8-10k. On the other hand, a 1G or 240 will cost you no more than $3000.

Back