Thinking of new springs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

So currently I'm running KYB AGX shocks with GC's @ 350lb/in in the front and 250lb/in in back. They're a little bouncy, and I know that I'm not exceeding the max spring rates of the AGX's. Would stiffer springs make the problem worse or better? I was thinking of getting 500 fronts 400 rears. Good idea, bad idea?

Worse for sure. If you're trying to lessen the bounce, then find out what the shock/rebound settings of the AGX's are on average (since they're adjustable), then match your spring rates accordingly. Could even be a lighter rate that does it. Just stepping up to a higher spring rate isn't going to get rid of the bounce...it's a ratio of shock to rebound to spring rate. This is why full, threaded body coilovers are so good .... everything's matched.

On the other hand, if you just want beter handling, get stiffer spring rates and crank up the AGX's and not at all care about ride quality.

Sometimes, going more conservative will net the desired results.

agx's are bouncy. no spirng is going to fix that.

you need a real shock if you want real handeling. not a "sport" shock

Hm....wonder why that didn't come up when I posted about buying them...oh well, next time I have $700 lying arround I'll get some real coilovers.

EVERYTIME THERE'S AN AGX VS TOKIKO THREAD, I SAY THIS.

AGX'S ARE NOT PERFORMANCE SHOCKS. THEY ARE A LITTLE STIFFER THAN STOCK, THATS ABOUT IT.

IF YOU WANT RACE CAR HANDELING, YOU GET RACER CAR RIDE, AND RACE CAR PRICE.

agx's are a good daily driver who likes a few twisties, and thats about it. i use that and sportlines, makes a superb daily driver, no bounce at all.

Back