Thinking of picking up a Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
Just like the title says. I have a built B16 and LS trans that I bought over the summer. I bought a whole wrecked EG. The intention was to FINALLY swap the Integra. Now I'm not so sure. I drive the Integra every day. Mostly to and from work. Mostly sitting in traffic. And I'm kind of lazy. I'm thankful I have an auto when it's stop and go. But I still have these parts.

So I thought about buying an auto Del Sol and instead swap everything into that. I figure the market for a B16 with an LS trans and an auto Del Sol are soft, but combined them and I might have something. Plus, Nearly 11 years ago I actually wanted a Del Sol, but my parents wouldn't allow it.

What do you guys think? Worst case I build a sweet little car, have some fun, and can almost get my investment back. Best case, I make a few bucks when I'm done with it.

So what does HS think about this?

Forgot to add this part. What should I be looking for when checking out Del Sols? I know pretty much all the tops leak. I'll make sure the inside doesn't smell too musty. I also know they like to rust out right above the side skirts in the rear in addition to the usual Honda spot. Is there anything else?

check the drain area in back corner where the triangles are. beside rear windows. but mostly inside. feel around for wetness. if possible lift up carpet

see if you can find a shell i see them sell for 300-500 all the time it would be your best bet you would prob even save money that way!!

Where do you see shells sell for 300-500? Around here, any decent DC, EG, even EF shell can pull more than that.

Back