thinking of starting up my own business

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sisteve- what kind of business you starting up?

steve worked in the parts dept. at a local honda dealership that had an aftermarket corner as well

and then become like ryans2k and have shit loads of money :D

The whole problem witht his field is that you get diffrent types of people. You get the 16 year old that stole his fathers credit card and bought himself a set of rims. They look nice, and you made your cut, but then VISA sends you a charge back notice. You loose your money twice. Then you have that SOB 22 year old that buys your part, hacks it all up, then wants you to return it, penality free. You must set policy to survive, they WILL eat you alive. Ship only to the billing address, your merchants will back you up then. Best of luck, hope you make it!

thnx :)

im leaning more and more towards wheels/tires. there will ALWAYS be a market for them and people are always looking for a deal.

good luck
unless you are moving a shit load of rims and tires its hard to make money on them
most of the money made on rims and tires is in mounting/balancing and doing alignments

its been previously stated that im not all to concerned with making alot of money off this heh :p

Originally posted by 90 accord@Jul 6 2003, 12:34 AM
i didn't think you could operate a business out of your residence?

Yes, you can.

I got my business license a month or so ago, as I've been saying for a couple years how I wanted to start up a shop. Decided to start online for a while on the side as well, since I am home the majority of the time now anyway. Currently in the process of getting companies, heh.

Good luck with it.

lemme know how things go for you. if you encounter any stumbling blocks, or any sweet deals gimme a heads up :)

Originally posted by micah@Jul 8 2003, 08:01 PM
lemme know how things go for you. if you encounter any stumbling blocks, or any sweet deals gimme a heads up :)

lol, only if you do the same...

i have found, however, that ACT and DC Sports only offer accounts to actual shops anymore.

ill let ya know if i find anything, but im not in THAT big a hurry to get this up and running.

what specific stuff you wanting to deal in?

Originally posted by micah@Jul 8 2003, 09:00 PM
ill let ya know if i find anything, but im not in THAT big a hurry to get this up and running.

what specific stuff you wanting to deal in?

I'm looking into a lot of JDM at the moment, and then of course the basics.

my friend owned a car parts business for a couple months. Didn't make as much money as he wanted so now he's doing websites. He is very business inclined. His aim is BriBri343 tell him I (Dan Robb) sent you for business advice

Back